my battery draining fast, after marshmallow update.

• Replies:112
Shiv Nair
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 22, 2015, 1:07:06 PM via Website

Meghal Shah

yet to received that 1.8 MB update for saving battery. I am using spice andriod one, Shiv have you received the update pl. confirm.

Hi Meghal,

Just checked my phone again. Still no update.

Shiv

Meghal Shah
  • Forum posts: 21

Oct 23, 2015, 8:47:09 AM via Website

Hi shiv,

Yes i am also yet to receive that update.
Hi Rida,
have tried all the battery saver appls from google (avast, Batttery Doctor, DU battery saver, 2 battery) but any app not helping.
Waiting for the update.

Meghal

saketh kumar
  • Forum posts: 19

Oct 23, 2015, 9:05:36 AM via Website

Deepika Narayanswamy,
Nivedit,
Shravan Kumar,
Tamal Anwar,
MSP, Shiv Nair.....

Guys it just battery adjustable problem with 6.0 environment, i installed BATTERY DOCTOR, and it made my battery better to perform, and more over i noticed that Ccleaner or CM security or any 3rd party cache cleaners are running in background were using much battery power than others. so also disable them.

Actually Google released a patch today for battery life. if it reached you, you are safe,. if not wait until it reached. until then make sure as i said.
It will help you guys.

saketh kumar

Oct 23, 2015, 9:08:30 AM via Website

shafiul shahid,

Already we are using Marshmallow, and no need of any other 3rd party launcher, it may cause more battery drain.

saketh kumar

Oct 23, 2015, 9:14:20 AM via Website

Deepika
meghal

just wait until the update reaches you, until then use battery doctor as well disable cache cleaner. after getting update yesterday. observed that keeping my micromax android one in standby with battery saver, reduced only 3% battery overnight from 10pm to 6am. working right.

saketh.

Meghal Shah

Oct 24, 2015, 6:27:35 AM via Website

saketh kumar

Deepika
meghal

just wait until the update reaches you, until then use battery doctor as well disable cache cleaner. after getting update yesterday. observed that keeping my micromax android one in standby with battery saver, reduced only 3% battery overnight from 10pm to 6am. working right.

saketh.

Saketh,

Lets see waiting for update.

Regards,
Meghal

Amol Kamble
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 25, 2015, 7:39:03 PM via Website

just root your phone with different kernel and download lollipop 5.1 zip and flash it

Bitan Biswas
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 26, 2015, 7:55:27 AM via Website

Hi,

Faced same problem and did not receive patch yet.

Charged micromax a1 phone from 0% charge state till full charge. Then booted Android and started battery doctor to trickle charge for 10 minutes. Last 1.5 days charge is at 70%. After marshmallow update charge was not lasting 24 hours. Can someone facing problem try charging from 0% charge and not boot android till device is fully charged? Does the battery drain problem with marshmallow still continue?

Meghal Shah

Oct 26, 2015, 9:56:27 AM via Website

Yes the same problem is still continues. Apart from that i suggest everyone pl. do not buy mobile from spice. My spice andrio one has today suddenly stope displying. I have tried to do factory feset, kernel boot, partition wipe and reset nothing has helped. I have faced some problem in July also and they took 2.5 months to fix my phone problem. The same has started again, fade up of the same.

I have purchased this phone in Feb-2015 only. So guys please do not go for spice.

Regards,
Meghal

Shiv Nair

Oct 26, 2015, 12:48:48 PM via Website

I have tried various battery saver apps (including Battery Doctor) since getting 6.0. Of all of them I find that AVG Cleaner works best to help with the battery drain. But it is still extremely high as compared to 5.1. I need to charge my phone 2 or 3 times a day. With 5.1 one charge lasted all day.

I hope we get the patch soon!!!!!

saketh kumar

Oct 27, 2015, 2:02:38 AM via Website

Shiv Nair,

All the android one phones have received the patch, as google conveyed. once force check the update in your mobile.

lai soulie
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 27, 2015, 2:46:28 AM via Website

may you ca uptade un app for downlaod the game.

Chloe Rice
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 27, 2015, 5:45:27 AM via Website

but factory reset deletes important apps. Like what if i wanna retain my level on honeyday blitz 2 or COC, or whatever.

Bitan Biswas

Oct 27, 2015, 6:53:40 AM via Website

My micromax a1 shows Build number as MRA58M on model number Micromax AQ4501. Can someone tell if the battery drain patch being discussed is already included? Also. can someone with the battery drain patch share the Build number for their Android One phone?

Meghal Shah

Oct 27, 2015, 7:27:07 AM via Website

Guys,

After frustrating with my phone today i have changed my phone. Now lets see this new phone will help in battery problem. Again request all pl. don not buy Spice mobile

saketh kumar

Oct 27, 2015, 10:55:14 AM via Website

Chloe Rice

No problem with restoring your phone, as all the games in android are signed in with Google+ after restore, u can retrain your games as it is by signing in with G+

saketh kumar

Oct 27, 2015, 10:57:27 AM via Website

Bitan Biswas

My micromax A1 got patch last week and its Built number is MRA58N..

saketh kumar

Oct 27, 2015, 10:58:19 AM via Website

Meghal Shah

Good decision,

by the way what is your new Phone then.

Andy Perrett
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 27, 2015, 3:37:32 PM via Website

Hi, I'm using a 'Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini' smartphone and this devil eats battery.
Have read through quite a lot of forum articles about this problem but haven't seen a good solution.
I must say that my wifi and bluetooth are always active and have to remain so.
Does anybody know if Samsung (or any other make) have batteries that last longer for the 'S4 Mini' ?
Andy

Meghal Shah

Oct 28, 2015, 8:31:08 AM via Website

Saketh,

Have bought lava pixel the 2nd generation android one phone. Also i have one lumia 535 also and it seems that lumia is better experience than andriod.

The battery drain problem is not as much as it was in spice drem uno. May be the hardware of the lava is the reason. it has 2 GB RAM and 32 GB inbuilt memory.

Bitan Biswas

Oct 28, 2015, 1:42:11 PM via Website

Please check forum.xda-developers.com for the battery drain problem with marshmallow update

Rebooting the phone after charging increases battery life. I took could see this helps. Please check.

Shiv Nair

Nov 3, 2015, 4:03:17 AM via Website

Bitan Biswas

Please check forum.xda-developers.com for the battery drain problem with marshmallow update

Rebooting the phone after charging increases battery life. I took could see this helps. Please check.

I have found a temporary solution. After each charge, turn the phone off while it is still plugged in.Unplug it and turn it on again. The battery drain, at least for me, is now back to what it was with 5.1. Its a pain and a short term fix, but at least its solves the battery drain problem for now.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this works?

Meghal Shah

Nov 3, 2015, 6:47:28 AM via Website

Shiv,

Yesterday Google has roll out a update which has fixup with this battery issue. At least mine is now working normal and without not using full internet the battery now works for 1.5 days.

regards,
meghal

Bitan Biswas

Nov 10, 2015, 6:41:38 AM via Website

Received the patch MRA58N from micromax today morning of 1.8MB and being called security update. Plan to get back if do not see improvement in battery life especially after recharge and no reboot case.

Shiv Nair

Nov 11, 2015, 5:31:08 AM via Website

Bitan Biswas

Received the patch MRA58N from micromax today morning of 1.8MB and being called security update. Plan to get back if do not see improvement in battery life especially after recharge and no reboot case.

I got the same patch frm Spice today. Let's see if it works to fix the battery problem. Since it is a security patch I have my doubts.

fakhar nawaz

Nov 14, 2015, 11:24:39 AM via Website

If you want to want to use your android hone battery then you install f serure app.in my opion it is best app for different fearure of f secure visit to Admin Edit: Promotional Links are Forbidden/ .it help help you

— modified on Apr 2, 2016, 12:27:03 PM by moderator

sabari nath
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 15, 2015, 12:44:22 PM via Website

Just turn on the airplane mode. the battery drain is due to cellular network, google havent found an solution for it so till google finds an solution ,turn your airplane mode when you dont use the network , thats the only chance of survival ;-)

Singh Ubhi

Nov 16, 2015, 11:32:57 AM via Website

I was also Suffering from this problem ......
What I had done to repair is, just went to micromac service centre abs asked them to install lollipop 5.0 in it ... And the problem is solved ...

Meghal Shah

Nov 17, 2015, 11:19:34 AM via Website

Ubhi,

thats not the solution. You have to update the phone with newly update rollout. This will solve your problem.

Shiv Nair

Nov 20, 2015, 10:56:30 AM via Website

Meghal Shah

Ubhi,

thats not the solution. You have to update the phone with newly update rollout. This will solve your problem.

I installed the update. The battery drain has reduced but it is still more than it was with Android L. A friend who has a Nexus 5 says that his battery life has improved with Marshmallow. I guess its a prblem with the low quaitly hardware used in Android One phones.

Rafey Iqbal Rahman
  • Forum posts: 20

Nov 21, 2015, 2:55:22 PM via App

You can try Greenify app from Play Store. It's the most effective battery saving app I've ever used. It puts the apps to sleep which it calls Hibernation.

nishant patil

Dec 6, 2015, 4:37:15 PM via Website

Phone is always awake....tat is the only problem.....this android 6 is worst update

Bitan Biswas

Dec 8, 2015, 7:18:57 AM via Website

uninstalling battery doctor improved battery with android 6 and latest patch.

MSP
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 11, 2015, 5:56:58 AM via Website

Saketh

Today i got 75MB 6.0.1 update for my Micromax Android one Phone.

Shiv Nair

Dec 17, 2015, 12:12:12 PM via Website

The MMB29K upadate solved the problem. The battery life is now even better than it was with Android L.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 263

Dec 17, 2015, 6:24:54 PM via Website

Simple solution is downgrade your device as it is not supporting the update.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page LEO Privacy Guard

raveendra KG panditha

Dec 19, 2015, 4:53:31 AM via Website

First discharge battery 100%and recharge it whole night (switch off condition). Automatically battery performance increases.

Bitan Biswas

Dec 30, 2015, 12:53:22 PM via Website

Completely agree. After MMB29K , I see longer battery life even with Android charging. I no longer see need to power off and recharge for better battery life.

garciabecky
  • Forum posts: 8

Feb 16, 2016, 7:37:59 AM via Website

If your phone battery is draining fast, may be some apps take much electricity or something broken. But don't worry, there is a new function on mobile phone. If you have iOS devices, such as iPhone, I can tell you some skills about battery drain. There is an article about How to See Which Apps Are Draining Your Battery on iPad. When you have some trouble, you can read it.

shivam gadekar

Apr 2, 2016, 11:10:30 AM via Website

Same thing with me I updated my lenovo k3 to marshmallow and when I use it on full charge it and I use it it becomes 60-65 in 20 min

Mahesh Ranjan

Jun 3, 2016, 7:29:49 PM via Website

I have a spice dream uno- cm13, superSU, greenify (donation).The battery problem doesnot gets solved.The only benefit of android marshmallow that I see is the 'memory adopt' feature. I will always prefer CM11(kitkat) snapshot over CM13(marshmallow). Battery backup was 1-2 days with moderate use when I had the 4.4.4.

Kesava Ram G

Jun 9, 2016, 10:24:50 PM via Website

Me too having the same issue.. As soon as i upgraded my lenovo A7000 smart phone to marshmallow, i can see high diference with Battery Draining fast than the normal when we used to have android 4 or android 5. Google should fix this issue else it is meaning less to upgrade to a higher version.

Also, i had observed that battery charging is quite fast post upgrading to 6.0 and at the stage of 99%, it will take long time to complete in full 100% and not sure what is happening inside.

Best Regards
Kesav

B Birch
  • Forum posts: 20

Jul 26, 2016, 1:55:39 PM via Website

I have an oukitel k10000

ASSANGBAM ROBIN (ROB9577630878)

Aug 19, 2016, 11:10:07 AM via Website

no need to update lollipop is better.

Dave Stephens
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 21, 2016, 3:26:03 AM via Website

Battery drain was horrible after marshmallow (6.0.1) on my galaxy s5. Much improved immediately after resetting the network settings. (Backup & reset / network settings reset).

Theo
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 21, 2016, 6:45:33 AM via Website

Just downgrade it then. You can find the guide how to downgrade in internet or forums.
Many people already complained about the battery drainage and it really drives them crazy!
(thankfully my Mega 2 still in KitKat :p)

Dave Stephens

Oct 3, 2016, 12:07:43 AM via Website

Correction, this worked for a charge cycle or so, now I'm back to crappy battery life. And what is the main user... android system! Followed by device idle. Ugh

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 10, 2016, 11:46:45 AM via Website

If possible you can also try this, It is quite simple to solve, just let your battery be discharge fully, then recharge it fully while your device is Off and then use it. If it doesn’t solve the problem, repeat the process till you are satisfied.

Dave Stephens

Oct 19, 2016, 2:41:31 PM via Website

Under battery optimization, the "samsung accessory service" keeps turning off (loosing battery optimization for this app). I repeatedly go into the settings to re-enable it's battery optimization and not sure why it keeps switching back. Though this helps, there's something else that's still draining the battery at about 2x the rate it did with lollypop.

— modified on Oct 19, 2016, 2:44:01 PM