my battery draining fast, after marshmallow update.

• Replies:112
saketh kumar
  • Forum posts: 19

Oct 10, 2015, 3:16:11 AM via Website

I am using Micro-max android one, smartphone, i got marshmallow update yesterday, i have been updated it. but the thing is my battery drained fast, dropped from 40% to 6% while it is in battery saving mode and standby, within 6 hrs. help me out.

Kesava Ram Gdaniela discretoAmeya RoteAbrar AhamedDeactivated Account

Rak Shak
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 11, 2015, 7:51:41 AM via Website

Same here!!! My spice android one battery draining fast..

What solution???

shafiul shahid

Anirudh Kaushik

Oct 12, 2015, 10:09:35 AM via Website

I upgraded my Karbonn Sparkle V to marshmallow and found that the battery drains at approximately 10% an hour in standby. Just to give a perspective on what the battery drain was with Lollipop: I would start with full charge at 7:30AM and after moderate usage (40-45min calls and casual browsing) ended up with around 65-70% of battery life 12hrs later (7:30PM). Now my battery doesn't make it through the day even with battery saver turned on. Google better rectify this soon.

shafiul shahid

Shiv Nair
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 12, 2015, 11:13:44 AM via Website

Same here. Battery drain has increased by about 30% on my Spice Android One after the Marshmallow upgrade. And Android M is supposed to increase battery life!

I hope soemoen ahs a solution soon.

Deepika Narayanswamyshafiul shahid

Aisha Wasim

Oct 12, 2015, 11:21:50 AM via Website

Hey,

Try Some app like batter saver from google play store.

shafiul shahid

Lilly White
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 12, 2015, 11:45:43 AM via Website

Hi all try DU battery saver, it really helped me out. Additionally, also try Space Cleaner by Uniblue, it will help to clear out your device in terms of Junk and cache files which are not only hogging space on your device but also draining your battery with unnecessary app and file processes running in the background of your device.

Kenneth Tuiskshafiul shahid

Shiv Nair

Oct 13, 2015, 7:39:01 AM via Website

I installed Mcafee Battery saver which i have found to be the best. It has helped to some extent, but the battery drain is still much more than it was with Android 5.1. Since the problem seems to be affecting all makes of Android One phones, I wonder if there is an inherent problem with them that is causing the excessive battery drain.

shafiul shahid

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 14, 2015, 9:47:08 AM via App

oh this is reminding me of lollipop "upgrade" last year on my 1st gen Moto G, battery life went into chaos mode, tried out some apps to help which was not OK. I just wanted my moto to work properly... couple of months later all was good, lollipop calms down and I'm happy moto user again..
hopefully it's just simple teething problems....

shafiul shahid

Ramamurthy Seetharaman

Oct 14, 2015, 11:58:18 AM via Website

After upgrading my Android one (micromax), to Android 6, I too feel that the bnlattery gets drained very very very fast.
I doubt whether android one is not designed for upgrade to marshmallow. Is there is any way to revert back to 5.1.1, which is certainly faster and better both in terms of performance and battery life.

shafiul shahid

Sasha Prokhorova
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 14, 2015, 12:22:24 PM via Website

I have the same issue.

shafiul shahid

Abdul
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 14, 2015, 1:47:12 PM via Website

Battery usually drains when some apps keep using the phone resources in the background. I have started using android phone few months ago and got the same issue of charging phone all the times however after deleting few apps I am feeling better than before.

shafiul shahid

saketh kumar

Oct 15, 2015, 3:26:02 AM via Website

Thank u lilly white,

Actually google itself gave us battery saver mode and more often it worked better in lollipop, while coming to 6.0 it is not a good battery saver at all. tried some battery savers from play store but no use.

Sharada Subramanianshafiul shahid

Shiv Nair

Oct 15, 2015, 5:38:26 AM via Website

A friend suggest this, which he says helped him. Open Setting and then Battery. Tap the menu icon (3 dots) on the top right og the screen. Battery Optimization opens. Select All Apps. App power consumption should get optimized. It will take some time for all the apps to be optimized. I will revert on what results I get. If anyone wants to try this, plese give us feedback about how effective it is on this forum.

shafiul shahid

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Oct 15, 2015, 5:40:01 AM via Website

All your phones have been updated to marshmallow while mine is still lollipop, android 5.0. I have not yet gotten update notification :(

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

shafiul shahid

saketh kumar

Oct 15, 2015, 5:49:27 AM via Website

Hello Shiv Nair,

The apps already in optimized mode, but still we loose the battery. its all in google hands now to fix the issue.

Sharada Subramanianshafiul shahid

saketh kumar

Oct 15, 2015, 5:51:32 AM via Website

Hello James_Watson,

may be your vendor not ready to provide updates for your devices, probably you will receive in last days of 2015 or early 2016. thank you.

shafiul shahid

shafiul shahid
  • Forum posts: 21

Oct 15, 2015, 8:31:27 AM via Website

yappi
i got update too and i think this is more update then android lollipop voice reconization,and more battery increasing life.

Abrar Ahamed

Shiv Nair

Oct 16, 2015, 10:39:14 AM via Website

The app optimization did not work. The battery drain is still bad. This is ridiculous! Google will probably fix this in due course, but I can't keep charging my phone 2 or 3 times a day. Is there any way to go back to Android 5.1?

saketh kumar

Oct 16, 2015, 11:05:07 AM via Website

factory reset

Meghal Shah

Oct 17, 2015, 7:36:48 AM via Website

Saketh,

If you do factory reset than also it will got to 6.0 only if you have updated the 6.0. the Battery problem with my spice andriod one also. Need some action from Google on this.

Shiv Nair

Oct 17, 2015, 7:58:24 AM via Website

Meghal is correct. A factory reset will only reinstall 6.0. I find that the problem is worst with Android One phones. My gut feeling is that while Android One offers upgrades for 2 years, the low end hardware on these phoens cannnot match the software needs of 6.0 which could be a reason for this serious battery issue. The problem is now well know but Spice, Karbon and MIcromax are all keeping quiet, This leads me to think that this is a hardware or compatibility issue they can do nothing about and do not want to acknowledge.

Meghal Shah

Oct 17, 2015, 8:07:17 AM via Website

Shiv,

This battery issue is with Nexus device also. So i think this is the problem of 6.0 Update rather than hardware problem. Pl. update on this if anyone has new development on the same. Will have to wait and watch for another patch release for the same from Google.

saketh kumar

Oct 17, 2015, 8:33:01 AM via Website

shiv '

you are right the battery problem is with 6.0 update itself, but not with hardware, all the devices running 6.0 having the issue with battery drain. so we have to wait until a new patch for this prob fix.

looking forward google haven't revealed any news about the issue fix..(danger)(danger):?

Meghal Shah

Oct 17, 2015, 1:47:16 PM via Website

Have downloaded battery doctor to check whether it is working fine or not. Will share the result of the same. We all have to do some R&D till google issue any fix for the issue.

saketh kumar

Oct 17, 2015, 3:36:55 PM via Website

Tried with Battery doctor but no use, it continues the same draining... no matter have to wait until next patch release by google.(danger)

Saud Khan
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 17, 2015, 6:40:37 PM via Website

Factory reset it then update it first before setting up other things.

saketh kumar

Oct 18, 2015, 4:39:32 AM via Website

Guys,

tired battery doctor, firstly it seemed draining fast, later i kept my phone in standby mode for 5hrs, it made my battery life better i think. for those 5hrs, 74% is constant. may be battery doctor working try it guys. be patience for a day until it molds.

shafiul shahid

Oct 18, 2015, 6:59:46 AM via Website

[root android lollipop 5.0][1]
Here you go and find the soluations

admin edit: promotional links are forbidden

— modified on Oct 18, 2015, 9:05:11 AM by moderator

vinay

Oct 18, 2015, 7:13:48 AM via Website

You must try DU battery saver it helped me lot you can try try Space Cleaner by Uniblue, it will help to clear out your device in terms of Junk and cache files which are not only hogging space on your device but also with unnecessary app and file processes running in the background of your device.

Meghal Shah

Oct 19, 2015, 6:21:33 AM via Website

I have also tried battery doctor, it seems working fine. I have fully charged my phone yesterday fully at 8:00 PM and currently it is 93% so looks it is back to normal. lets see what it unfolds.

Shravan Kumar

Oct 19, 2015, 7:08:43 AM via Website

Hello everyone,

I noticed the same issue and found the reason for this. The culprit is location services. In the advanced settings of location servicea disable "WiFi scanning " networks.

Without this change my battery drained around 30 % when being idle for around 6 hrs. After this change it is 15%.

Tamal Anwar

Deepika Narayanswamy
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 19, 2015, 11:40:18 AM via Website

Hello ,

I am using Karbonn Sparkle V - Android One and after the marshmallow update , I also experience the same battery drain issue. 100% charged comes to 10% in 3hrs. I noticed this problem after 3 days of the update as for the first 2 days it was normal.

I have tried

1. Optimize battery use for applications
  2. Factory reset.
  3. Uninstalled the unnecessary apps.
  4. My phone is in the Battery saver Mode during standby (orange screen) still after 4 hrs it has gone down by 5%

So is this due to hardware compatibility issues or software bugs ? If its gonna be a software issue when will the fix be available ? If its a h.w issue then how to connect with the manufacturer and solve it ?
Please help.

— modified on Oct 19, 2015, 11:40:41 AM

Tamal Anwar

Oct 19, 2015, 12:24:42 PM via Website

Same here I am using the Android one from Symphony; have the battery issue after installing Marshmallow. I just disabled location and WiFi scanning. I hope this will help.

Shiv Nair

Oct 19, 2015, 1:37:20 PM via Website

Tamal,

My Wifi adn Bluettoth scanning are always disabled. So that won't help me. What I have done is to stop all my apps, except the essential ones - Dialer, Browser, Messenger and WhatsApp - which I use all the time. This has helped to reduce the drain but it is still above acceptable limits. I guess we have to wait for the patch. What irony - extended battery life is supposed to be a major plus point of 6.0!

Meghal Shah

Oct 19, 2015, 2:15:39 PM via Website

Shiv,

Try once battery doctor. I have installed it and it helped me to save the battery. I will repost with updats.

Lyle Staab

Oct 19, 2015, 8:04:47 PM via Website

Shiv, this didn't work for me. All apps are shown as "Optimizing battery use", and that status hasn't changed for a day.

Nivedit

Oct 20, 2015, 1:55:17 AM via Website

Hi! I've got the same problem with both my Micromax Android One phones. This is disappointing: we've to only wait until Google comes up with an update fix for this.

Shiv Nair

Oct 20, 2015, 5:56:05 AM via Website

Lyle,

I know. The same thing is happening to me. At my wits end!

MSP

Oct 20, 2015, 6:50:15 AM via Website

Saketh

today i got 1.8 MB system update for my micromax a110 phone.

MSP

Oct 20, 2015, 6:58:28 AM via Website

james

goto settings>apps in that clear data of app google services frame work and restart your phone .
connect to wifi you will be notified for marshmellow update

Meghal Shah

Oct 20, 2015, 9:18:38 AM via Website

MSP.

Tried but didn't get update in my spice android one.

MSP

Oct 20, 2015, 12:34:54 PM via Website

Meghal,

Reset your phone to factory settings and try..
i think all android one phones got marshmellow update

MSP

Oct 20, 2015, 12:39:29 PM via Website

friends,

today i got 1.8MB update for my micromax a1 android phone may be it is for battery bug resolution

Deepika Narayanswamy
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 20, 2015, 6:14:37 PM via Website

I didn't get any update for Karbonn Sparkle V

Tauseef

Oct 20, 2015, 7:45:06 PM via Website

I also got that 1.8MB update and after that battery performance has improved...

shafiul shahid

Oct 21, 2015, 8:54:13 AM via Website

try this launcher it may help you sure.
android marshmallow launcher

Meghal Shah

Oct 21, 2015, 10:01:27 AM via Website

Another observsation,

When we use dialer to make phone calls , the batttery is also draining that time.

Meghal Shah

Oct 21, 2015, 11:18:13 AM via Website

yet to received that 1.8 MB update for saving battery. I am using spice andriod one, Shiv have you received the update pl. confirm.

Ramsrinivas Rajagopalan

Oct 22, 2015, 8:47:10 AM via Website

Hi,

I am using Karbon Saparkle V, i had the same battery drain issue after android 6 installation. As of now i did not receive any update, but just to let you know, couple of days back made the settings change on Display->Adaptive brightness to ON and turned off the wifi, after this change i see the battery life has certainly improved a lot. Since i did not see any patch update, i consider this as the work around which fixed the battery issue, previously after android 6 installation, during standby over the night, it used to drain around 20% but now i am back to normal of lollipop days of around < 5% battery drain in standby. Hopfully this might be a workaround till we get a patch and fix for others too.

Rida Ali
  • Forum posts: 16

Oct 22, 2015, 9:26:17 AM via Website

Try battery saver app from google play store