A week ago Sony’s flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z1, and their flagship phablet, the Xperia Z Ultra, got the Android 4.3 update. Now the rest of the Z series lineup on Sony’s update list: the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z, have also started to receive the firmware update. As always, it will be a staged rollout, so it may take a little time to reach your device, but there’s no harm in feverishly tapping “Check for Updates” every fifteen minutes or so until it arrives.
The features the update brings to these Sony devices, besides the standard Android 4.3 features, are:
- Project Butter’s super smooth performance
- Sony’s Smart Social Camera app (that first launched with the Xperia Z1
- All new updated versions of Sony’s bloatware (I mean, “native app portfolio”)
- More Sony media apps like Walkman, Album and Movies with cloud integration
- The launch of “Xperia Themes” – downloadable UI packs
- Security enhancements including Sony’s “Xperia in Business”
- Stamina Mode for Xperia battery management
- Restricted profiles
There’s no further information available on the scheduled release of Android 4.3 for the Xperia SP, Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V. These were also initially due to roll out sometime in December, so keep your eyes peeled and your fingers crossed that they could be running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean before the New Year.
Have you received the Android 4.3 update on your Xperia yet? What improvements have you see so far?
Source: Sony Mobile