New phone, Whatsapp dead..

• Replies:2
Mort
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 26, 2021, 10:16:14 PM via Website

Everything is backed up from my old phone Galaxy to my new A52s. When I start Whatsapp, i am requested to fill in my name, after several minutes i get the error message "Cannot connect... Try again later".
Ther's no other options, or menu settings available. What on earth should I do?? I reinstalled the app, same error.

— modified on Nov 26, 2021, 10:16:41 PM

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Nov 27, 2021, 3:21:48 AM via Website

Most WhatsApp connection issues can be resolved by doing the following:

1. Restart your phone, by turning it off and back on.
  2. Update WhatsApp to the latest version available on the Google Play Store.
  3. Make sure that your A52s has correctly set up your Google account and can connect to Google Drive.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
ahmed abdullah
  • Forum posts: 26

Aug 15, 2023, 8:39:59 PM via Website

Hello,

I understand your frustration with encountering the "Cannot connect" error on WhatsApp after transferring data to your new Galaxy A52s. Despite reinstalling the app, the issue remains. To address this situation, consider these steps:

Start by ensuring a stable internet connection on your new device. Verify that you've correctly entered your phone number during the setup process. It's also important to check if WhatsApp has the necessary permissions to access your contacts and network. If the problem persists, attempt to clear the app cache by navigating to your phone's settings, then relaunch the app. Additionally, performing a device restart might help in clearing any temporary glitches.

Double-check your phone's date and time settings to ensure accuracy. If, despite these efforts, you continue to encounter the error, it might be helpful to reach out to WhatsApp support. They can provide more specific troubleshooting tailored to your situation.

These steps should guide you towards resolving the connectivity issue and enabling you to use WhatsApp seamlessly on your new Galaxy A52s.

Helpful?