Samsung Galaxy Tab — samsung 2.2 tab froyo very slow in updating....

• Replies:4
edezean balabat
  • Forum posts: 13

Jun 8, 2011, 9:26:48 AM via App

hi androiders,

hello ... anyone have any suggestion how keep our froyo device up-to-date? im losing all updates after having some application installed and then deleted ...the worst of it is when I check in the market it is not available anymore. something must be wrong.

— modified on Sep 26, 2011, 1:53:39 PM by moderator

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 8, 2011, 10:23:15 AM via Website

To get the newest updates over the air for your Galaxy Tab, click on "settings," then "about phone," and then click "software updates." Then there should be a button that says "check now." Click it and hopefully the tab will be updated OTA.

But what I'm confused about is the fact that you're losing updates? How are you losing them?

— modified on Sep 26, 2011, 1:56:34 PM by moderator

edezean balabat
  • Forum posts: 13

Jun 9, 2011, 8:02:35 PM via App

I just did what you've said steven, when I reached to →about phone option← there was no option in my tab to software update. my market(the application is not available in the market) doesn`t update my apps w/c are installed in my device. I did deleted that particular apps w/c are out-updated.

somehow....I have a new alternative to update my installed apps w/c find me a little bit difficult process. » APTOIDE « I manage to update my application there. do you have any other suggestions about this Steven??? thanks in advance.

— modified on Jun 10, 2011, 3:30:59 PM

Steven Newport
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 4:35:18 AM via App

to get gingerbread on my tab i had to go back to factory settings. then it downloaded OTA faster then anything. all my apps have updated nicely also. you might want to try it. you can then go to your sd card and reinstall from your app backup folder. good luck

— modified on Sep 26, 2011, 1:57:10 PM by moderator

enj
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 21, 2012, 1:52:19 AM via Website

I have my cousins White Galaxy Tab wi fi 7" tablet that is Froyo at the moment and she has been having nothing but troubles with it, i tried reset factory settings option.. i don't know what else to try. Any help would be great thanks.