Sony is poised to unveil its latest addition to the Xperia line of devices at the Xperia Z1 or whether it will be brand new model introduced is still yet to be determined. There are, however, some new screenshots that showcase some of the new UI on the latest device.
The device, which is Android 4.4.2 KitKat and brings with it design and functionality changes based on the Sony Timescape user interface.
The main features at a glance:
- Video recording in 4K.
- Timeshift Videos : Videos can be supposedly captured at 120 frames per second and then be slowed down seamlessly.
- Glove mode.
- Adjustable white balance.
- Intelligent control of the backlight, similar to Samsung's Smart Stay : The display remains active as long as the user looks at it.
- Knock-On to unlock the screen.
- Mailbox or answering machine in the dialer app.
- Users have the choice between the regular launcher and a simplified version with a large font.
- Support for diverse audio accessories: Apparently, users can store settings for different headsets and headphones.
- Support for USB Digital-to-analog converter.
- Options to adjust the notification bar.
- Default SMS app can be set.
- Options for printing.
- By wiping the bottom of the screen can be used to start a Sony App that works similar to Google Now and integrates Sony's media services.
- White icons and transparency in the status bar.
- All recently used applications can be closed at once
So, what do you think? Is the Sony Sirius a brand new device in the Xperia line or does it look to be a remake of the Z1?