My generic Smart TV won't install media players

• Replies:2
PINTREE3
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 28, 2021, 11:23:53 AM via Website

Sorry cannot find the right forum since it does not deal with any known brand of TV. I'm in China and the TV is Chinese with no name to speak of. I managed to install some apps on it but can't seem to install a video player. I tried VLC and KM player. both seem to succeed in going through the process (accept this and that) and the bar shows it's installing but at the end it says, "Did not install". Does anyone have any indications as to why? or how to go around this problem? ( BTW I have no stick or other gadget on my TV nor intend to get one.)
P.S. One reason I want to install a Media player is to be able to control hues, contrast etc. of my movies (not TV or streaming movies) since my TV seems to only have default auto settings which are just about useless.

Jimmy_Wick
  • Forum posts: 35

Aug 23, 2022, 7:34:34 AM via Website

Connect the USB to your PC.
Transfer the APK file from your PC to your USB.
Connect the USB to your Android TV.
When the file appears on the screen, click on it.
The installation will begin automatically.

Greetings,
J Wick

Helpful?
PINTREE3
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 23, 2022, 8:24:37 AM via Website

Thanks Jimmy_Wick . One may say "better late then never" but unfortunately it does not apply in this case. That TV was sold. As to your answer, should it help anyone else, you assumed I did not know how to install an apk. I did write, "I managed to install some apps on it " and also mentioned, "[that] seem to succeed in going through the process (accept this and that) and the bar shows it's installing but at the end it says, "Did not install"." Hence the problem is not the apk but what happens afterwards--why the process did not complete as it should have.

Helpful?