Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — main memory solution

• Replies:6
adii
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 13, 2013, 6:19:36 PM via App

have transferred full gallery and all the videos to my external 64gb sd card. but the note 2 settings shows thatmain memory still has 4.3gb of data.cannot figure out why.

Kevin Lincoln
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 14, 2013, 11:16:23 AM via Website

adii
have transferred full gallery and all the videos to my external 64gb sd card. but the note 2 settings shows thatmain memory still has 4.3gb of data.cannot figure out why.

More than likely the 4.3gb consists of operating system files that cannot be moved. I have the same issue on my note 2 and if you install a file manager you can see that the 4.3gb data is made up of mostly the OS and apps that you have installed. I don't believe there is a way around this.

Nirav Adesara
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 12:34:03 PM via App

yes, be it any phone some of internal memory is comsumed by OS. In case of note 2 around 4.5 gb of space is occupied.

adii

Sep 14, 2013, 9:19:59 PM via App

this is absurd, this does not occur in my tab or samsung s2 which has gingerbread and ics. video n pictures occupying unnecessary space in main memory when already they do not allow softwares to be pushed to ext sd card and now even when all the data has already been tranferred to ext sd card it would keep on occupying space in main memory, how silly is note 2 with 4.1.2
will someone pls getup in samsung ?

— modified on Sep 14, 2013, 9:21:32 PM

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 15, 2013, 7:21:27 PM via Website

As asinine as it sounds, what your Jellybean is doing is actually a good thing. The Google developers did this cleverly and for a reason. This Android version in particular possesses the ability to make sure it always has a duplicate. This is a way to get around crash issues and other bug problems. It can also act as a second defense. If you do something that buggers up your device (corruption, etc.), it tends to revive itself after reboot. It's silly, but it works.

— modified on Sep 15, 2013, 7:22:53 PM

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

adii

Sep 15, 2013, 8:10:43 PM via App

nope not for me, its quiet silly on part of android to do this only on note 2, when it is already starved for memory as it does not allow apps to be transferred to ext. sd card. the whole purpose of android was to allow the users to have the liberty to decide on what backup they need and what they dont. google + anyways backs it up.

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 15, 2013, 10:31:40 PM via Website

I hate to tell you but I own a Note 10.1 with that same version as you and mine does the same thing. You probably didn't notice it before you backed up to sd but your system made a duplicate of itself even before you formated it. That part of the memory is categorized as reserved space and that is how the system utilizes it.

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ