how do you make money with your apps?

• Replies:16
Kim Taylor
  • Forum posts: 10

Dec 16, 2011, 10:54:54 PM via Website

I'm trying to find a way to generate cash with my app. Has anyone tried Sellaring ad network?
I never used any advertising so far and I'm not sure which way to go. I'm not fond of banners.

A friend sent me their link but if anyone can give me more input I'd appreciate it. How do you generate cash?

This is what I have:
Admin edit: **links are forbidden**

— modified on Oct 17, 2013, 12:21:38 PM by moderator

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 19, 2011, 10:33:27 AM via Website

This is probably a question for the App developers forum. I'm going to move it over there.

Kim Taylor

Dec 27, 2011, 10:19:26 AM via Website

Hi Aaron, could you tell me where you moved it to? (link:)
Thanks!

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 28, 2011, 12:15:36 PM via Website

If you're reading this thread you already know the link. I just moved the thread into the developers forum instead of the apps forum. But other then it appearing in that forum the link is the same ;)

zaeem
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 9:41:19 PM via App

Kim Taylor
Hi Aaron, could you tell me where you moved it to? (link:)
Thanks!
make money with wahaff app download it from google play or iphone. WHAFF. ... invite code. AA12377...

John Farrell
  • Forum posts: 13

Sep 26, 2012, 8:24:44 AM via Website

Go to Google Play and Google Mobile AdSense

turskagames
  • Forum posts: 59

Sep 30, 2012, 2:38:13 PM via Website

[quote=Kim Taylor]I'm trying to find a way to generate cash with my app. Has anyone tried Sellaring ad network?
I never used any advertising so far and I'm not sure which way to go. I'm not fond of banners.

A friend sent me their link but if anyone can give me more input I'd appreciate it. How do you generate cash?

This is what I have:

Have you tried it yet? I'd like to know what kind of response audio ads receive.
My approach is more traditional. I have ad banners in free versions of the apps and a possibility to upgrade to full version if the ads are annoying (full versions also have more content). I have Admob ads and some banner exchange ads in the free versions.
But for the "making money" -part, this is what you need to do to get a lot of profit from your apps:
... I really don't know. I have made three games and spent a lot of hours/weeks/months making them, but the money I'm making is minimal. Few dollars from the full versions and even fewer from the ad revenue.

— modified on Oct 17, 2013, 12:21:48 PM by moderator

John Farrell
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 1, 2012, 7:59:54 AM via Website

You can use social media like Facebook & Twitter to promote your app.

There are several app review sites, you can register your app there for review also for the promotion. These are the ways you can make money through.

Ania Chuka
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 17, 2013, 10:36:40 AM via Website

Mobile marketing is marketing on or with a mobile device, such as a cell phone. Mobile marketing can also be defined as the use of the mobile medium as a means of marketing communication, the distribution of any kind of promotional or advertising messages to customer through wireless networks.

Ania Chuka
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 17, 2013, 10:37:42 AM via Website

Personal communication is an underlying benefit for a business utilizing text message marketing. There are several benefits for businesses to implement a mobile marketing campaign other than higher redemption. For a consumer to take the step of texting a business’s keyword to a short code, they have already identified themselves as a consumer who is interested in receiving promotions or discounts about that business and are naturally more inclined to act on a new mobile promotion here Admin edit: **links are forbidden** more information

— modified on Oct 17, 2013, 12:22:39 PM by moderator

App8ite
  • Forum posts: 16

Oct 21, 2013, 11:35:24 PM via Website

The best approach we have found is to release both Free and Paid applications and use the free to promote the paid versions

We make the majority of our income through ad networks

Adsense
Airpush
Tapcontext
Leadbolt

Second to that try and provide PRO features with an in-app payment to unlock more features.

Good luck

FANNIE FANG
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 5:20:01 PM via Website

Hi Taylor ,i am working as Mobile network AD , currently looking for cooperation with Android developers .if we could talk on skype please ? thanks and regards,fannie
(skype name:fannie.fang00)

Vortex Art
  • Forum posts: 18

Oct 24, 2013, 7:44:54 PM via Website

You can also create forums for apps marketing..

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 13, 2013, 3:32:52 PM via Website

Apps can be monetized from several ways. The most profit making ways are in-app purchases and mobile ads given that you have good traffic for your apps. In-app purchases require effort in terms of making sure that the objects for sale are in line with the game/app objective. Its a good way for apps with long life-cycles. Ads are quick ways to get instant monetization. Control on the ads is possible in limited ways. But, ad networks are making it convenient to app developers and keeping the user intrusion from ads low for the users.

Wonny Lee
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 19, 2013, 12:22:08 AM via Website

I see a lot of people definitely touched on different methods. But ultimately look for solutions that will fit best within your app. If you're looking strictly from a banner and advertising angle, I highly recommend using a service like mopub or burstly. These guys are mediators between multiple ad networks so it maximizes your revenue on a daily basis.

I also run a company here in NY that adds a store within mobile apps. The store is filled with products that have a strong relevance to the app itself. For example, a fitness app will showcase running shoes and work out gear. This makes the user experience much more friendly and clean. If you google mobimicro you should be able to find us easily!

Good luck

Aleta Hunt
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 25, 2013, 4:16:59 AM via Website

Hi Guys,

I'm also wanting to find out more about App monetization. It would be great to find out out exactly what developers are after and what they would change about current platforms. :)

Sohan M

Nov 26, 2013, 11:44:31 AM via Website

Kim Taylor
I'm trying to find a way to generate cash with my app. Has anyone tried Sellaring ad network?

This is what I have:

Hey Kim

If you are not fond of banner ads, you can try interstitials. The CTR for interstitials is actually quite high. Conversions are about 7 times that of banner ads and revenue is found to be 9 times more.

Of course the drawback is that you have to use interstitials only in important breakpoints in your app or else you run the risk of irritating the user.
You can try out InMobi 's interstitials. They even have video and some custom ads within the interstitials that you might like.