doesn't make SENSE?

• Replies:5
Geoffrey S.
  • Forum posts: 25

Jul 2, 2012, 1:51:31 PM via App

I downloaded 'facebook for android' app. 'facebook for HTC sense' was preinstalled. I could open and use both separately. they seem like completely separate / independent apps. I found the 'facebook for android' app far more comprehensive and easier to use, just personally. It seems I can't uninstall 'fb for HTC sense' unfortunately. recently I uninstalled 'facebook for android' to make space to download more stuff and shift it to SD card. with about 20 MB RAM still remaining, 'facebook for android' will not download back on to my phone. what the???? now I have to use mobile version of fb (which is ironically the same as 'fb for android') problem is, this Method is so *@%#&*% slow! what has HTC sense got to do with any of this? somebody please help?

— modified on Jul 2, 2012, 1:57:54 PM

Droid Org
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 8, 2012, 12:14:46 PM via Website

HTC Wildfire is one of the worst phones I have ever seen. The graphics quality is not good. You dont get a feel of it and it is more like your using some cheap phone of Nokia. I have had memory issues too while using the facebook app on it. But i used to get memory issues for everything I used to download. Hence I hate it.

Geoffrey S.

Aug 8, 2012, 12:37:16 PM via Website

Precisely why I've moved on! I think that the wildfire is an excellent phone. Unfortunately it's not much good for anything else. It has so many technical issues, all stemming from unfortunate limitations with regard to memory and processing speed, and seriously lacks extra features as a result. I reckon it is a phone that was released onto the market just a little too soon after insufficient product testing. Gotta admit though, things have changed a lot even in six months. I agree with your comments, and that unfortunately, it's one more phone I've had to relegate to the archives. most impressed and very happy with my current device. Wonder how long before this one is superseded?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Aug 14, 2012, 4:21:15 PM via Website

Try rebooting your phone and then re-installing.

Let me know if you can download it after doing that.

Geoffrey S.

Aug 15, 2012, 12:14:35 AM via Website

Yeah. Turns out I had to do that anyway. Yes it worked, under a different account. Someone else in my family is now using the wildfire. I can't tell you if it might still work again with my own account.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Aug 15, 2012, 4:01:01 PM via Website

Geoffrey S.
Yeah. Turns out I had to do that anyway. Yes it worked, under a different account. Someone else in my family is now using the wildfire. I can't tell you if it might still work again with my own account.

Glad you were able to get it working :-D