HTC Sensation — Gmail on web browsers

• Replies:6
David Kinlay
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 6, 2012, 11:23:29 AM via Website

Having a few problems with new Gmail format on all browsers (Opera,Dolphin etc). Composing is next to impossible.
Never had problems before with the old version

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 6, 2012, 12:14:26 PM via Website

Can you give a few more details about what exactly the issue is? I have a Sensation and would be glad to help if I can.

David Kinlay

Feb 6, 2012, 12:49:31 PM via Website

When on any web browser, I press compose on new Gmail and keyboard doesn't even appear. This never happened on the old. Can use Gmail app and native email client .No response from Google, yet? Tried on off chance a browser whose server in USA,this worked kind of. I wonder if its a local server problem here in Ireland

Eric McBride

Feb 7, 2012, 12:24:39 PM via Website

Are you using a custom keyboard, or the one that came preinstalled on the phone?

David Kinlay

Feb 7, 2012, 1:59:32 PM via Website

Using a custom keyboard from market, why?

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 8, 2012, 5:18:26 AM via Website

Some people find that the stock keyboard that comes with Android is too small or hard to use. That's why there are a whole series of other keyboard out there like swipe or Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard. I personally don't mind the stock one but that's what's great about Android. If you want to change your keyboard out you can!

Eric McBride

Feb 8, 2012, 12:17:29 PM via Website

David K.
Using a custom keyboard from market, why?

I just wanted to determine that it wasnt an issue with a 3rd party keyboard that was keeping it from appearing.

— modified on Feb 8, 2012, 12:17:41 PM