Live Wallpapers

• Replies:7
Kirsten Howell
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 12:36:14 PM via Website

I Have Read that live wallpapers are not supported on the Htc Wildfire, i think i have a 2.1 version of android.
is there any apps or updates so i can use live wallpapers on the phone? :)

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 27, 2010, 2:50:42 PM via Website

You are correct that Live wallpapers on the Wildfire doesn't work, and that your handset is running Android 2.1. According to a thread from androidforums, the necessary software for live wallpapers isn't on the device. This was most likely a choice of HTC, possibly due to the device's small screen resolution, but I can't be sure.

If you really want them, there is a way. However, I will first say that live wallpapers do have a negative impact on battery life, so take that into account when making this decision. Check out the thread here with instructions to get live wallpapers running on your phone. It involves rooting, installing a custom ROM, and some other program on top of it.

— modified on Oct 27, 2010, 2:51:19 PM

irfan ali
  • Forum posts: 8

Mar 23, 2011, 6:46:49 PM via Website

hi,i need a wallpaper on my screen.so i got 1 n its a car.now when i select as a wallpaper its not come as full wallpaper.its cme up half of it.u kno its like stretch out.i need exactly fit to screen. thnx 4 ur help

irfan ali

Mar 24, 2011, 7:49:36 PM via Website

yes i have wildfire phone

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 24, 2011, 9:52:41 PM via Website

The exact resolution of the Wildfire's screen is 320 x 240. However, when you move left and right between homescreens, the wallpaper normally moves slightly as well, so you might want to get an image that is a bit wider. That means that the phone's wallpaper looks differently when on the right-most wallpaper than it does when you are on the left-most wallpaper.

This website has lots of wallpapers at various resolutions (i have already set it to 320 x 240 for you): http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/apple_devices/ipod_touch/

irfan ali

Mar 25, 2011, 7:19:47 PM via Website

thnx for your help.do u kno any other site for good wallpapers 320 x 240.

Sarah Zohar
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 1, 2014, 12:45:06 PM via Website

Thanks