Samsung Galaxy S4 mini — Problem transferring files from desktop to smartphone

• Replies:0
Mahesh Molz
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 15, 2017, 2:02:09 PM via Website

Hi,

I have no problem transferring files from my S4 Mini to my desktop computer. But when transferring in the opposite direction sometimes the transfer seems to simply get stuck - the progress bar on the window showing the transfer progress simply stops at some point.

I was already able to transfer files in previous occasions. In particular, I don't remember having any such problem in the first months since I had this smartphone, when I used to transfer lots of mp3 files to the smartphone.

The connection is via USB cable.

I believe it's not a problem with storage space in the smartphone, because it says there are 4.29 GB of available space.

Just now I made another experiment. I was able to transfer a small file of 1.44KB; then also a file of 17.3 KB - the same which I had attempted to transfer minutes ago and got stuck; and now, trying to transfer again a picture of 622KB, the progress bar immediately jumped close to the middle and then got stuck there. After waiting some 2 minutes, I receive a message saying that it's not possible to copy the file - the device has stopped responding or has been disconnected.

Then, if I really need the file in the smartphone, I need to transfer it by email and download it to the smartphone. Takes longer and doesn't let me change the destination folder.

I would like to be able to transfer all files via USB, not only some of them and kind of randomly selected. (Well, I have a feeling that the problem doesn't show up so much with very small files.)

Any solution or hint please?

Thanks in advance for your attention and any help!!

— modified on Jan 15, 2017, 2:14:31 PM