Need help in choosing the right phone for next three years

• Replies:18
Hariharakumar Rathinar
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 27, 2016, 3:09:01 PM via Website

Hello,

I have been using samsung S4 for almost three years and I am looking for a phone for next three years but I am little confused on which of the below to buy.

1. Samsung S7
  2. Samsung S6
  3. Oneplus 3

My requirements are better battery backup, good looking and reliable.

Please help me here as I am really confused because of the price and the options available in the market.

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Jul 27, 2016, 3:12:18 PM via Website

Hi! Welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

If you are searching for a phone for the next three years I wouldn't recommend buying the Samsung Galaxy S6. It wasn't the best phone in terms of battery life etc. The Galaxy S7 is much better in that regard. Also the build quality improved a lot.
The OnePlus 3 is quite cheap for what it offers but if you want one of the best phones available right now, it's the Galaxy S7.

Hariharakumar Rathinar

Jul 28, 2016, 10:12:11 AM via Website

Thanks Bastian. :)

I was about to buy S7 but came across oneplus three reviews and got little confused. :?

But now I am making it up for Samsung S7 :)

Just for my satisfaction and if you dont mind, can you help me in detailing why not Oneplus three and why samsung s7. As both have almost the same specs right ?

Bastian Siewers

Jul 28, 2016, 10:49:16 AM via Website

Well I really like the OP3, but I am switching phones more often than every 2 years. The problem is, it's hard to tell how the OP3 will hold up over a longer period of time. The S7 should easily survive longer then 2 years.

It's just a question of what I know and what I don't know :)

Mentobile
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 28, 2016, 1:15:31 PM via Website

Hi Harihara,
There Is One More option now a days...Did u hear about --Mi -- This brand also have good Quality products I Am using NOTE 3 of this brand Great experience using it..

by Mentobile.com Android App Development Company In Gurgaon India

Hariharakumar Rathinar

Jul 29, 2016, 4:31:12 PM via Website

Hi Mentobile,

I had Mi5 and Note 3 in my list but the customer service is really bad for both Xiaomi and Oneplus in India. So I have removed both out from my options.
As Bastin mentioned, I am going for samsung phone, either S7 or wait for Note 7 and go for it.

Thanks for the helping hand
Hari

Bastian Siewers

robin
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 1, 2016, 4:25:57 AM via Website

samsung s7 (Y)

Hariharakumar Rathinar

Aug 1, 2016, 11:43:48 AM via Website

I went to Samsung Store to buy Samsung S7 but the sales guy requested me to wait for one or two months as the prices of S7 will be slashed.

I thought it will give me an opportunity to check the latest note 7 as well. So I came back :)

Bastian Siewers

Aug 1, 2016, 12:46:41 PM via Website

Well that sounds like one of the nicest sales persons I have heard from :D
And it is actually a good idea to wait for the release of the Note 7.

prekyap
  • Forum posts: 32

Aug 1, 2016, 3:34:53 PM via Website

I recommend one plus 3

Hariharakumar Rathinar

Aug 1, 2016, 7:43:30 PM via Website

Yeah Basting. :D He was really a good person, he also told me tht, in India, note 7 will be available in shops by 3rd week of August. So have to wait till then.

Prekyap, Yeah even I wanted to buy oneplus 3 but there are network issue and also heard the customer service isn't good in India. If in case if I get a defective device then I have to really be worried on getting it replaced or repaired. :(

Sorry, correct me if I am wrong. I haven't done any

Vikas Dhar
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 2, 2016, 11:46:49 AM via Website

Welcome to androidpit :) :)
If you are searching a right phone for using next three years, I would recommend to buy the Samsung Galaxy S7 because.....
Stunning looks
Great camera experience
microSD slot and IP68 water resistance
Glorious display

Hariharakumar Rathinar

Aug 3, 2016, 3:35:13 PM via Website

Hey Vikas. Thank You :)

Yeah. definitely :) Will buy it.

Which one are you using ?

Hariharakumar Rathinar

Aug 15, 2016, 3:14:38 PM via Website

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the help.

I bought Samsung Note 5 :P

Felt I should get a bigger screen, wanted to stick to samsung and didn't like the edge at all. Its been three days and its pretty good one. :)

Really happy to buy this phone and thanks for the help once again.

Bastian Siewers

Jaskulski
  • Forum posts: 31

Feb 7, 2017, 11:33:36 AM via Website

I know that's been a while. May you and your new phone have great times together. I share your opinion on the choice you made :)
May I suggest if you haven't bought a case that you should take my example and go with a power case at least. There are some wonderful choices and if you are a power user you'll need extra battery and memory. You can go with some cheap cases but I recommend a choice from these: Zero Lemon with 8500 mAh, Mophie with 2500 mAh, or my favorite, the I-blades modular case with 64 GB SD card included. It also gives you the opportunity to add as many battery packs as you want, or enviro sensor, or VR set. And you can use them at the time of need. At other time you can just snap them off, so they won't add bulk to your case. Take a look.
Cheers

Jaskulski
  • Forum posts: 31

Jun 1, 2017, 10:39:57 AM via Website

Good Thoughts Dhuruv :). Recently I've been closely looking at some other brands and I will definitely recommend Huavei and Xiaomi also.

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Jun 1, 2017, 12:33:10 PM via Website

I recommend OnePlus3 mobile....

Steven Rhods
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 2, 2017, 12:16:38 PM via Website

It's an old thread. OP already selected Note 5 so I don't think he is still looking for the suggestions.