Over the last year Samsung has introduced a new physical button dedicated to its virtual assistant Bixby. The only problem is that it can annoy many users who involuntarily activate it. In this article we’ll show you how to disable Bixby, the Bixby Voice, and the Bixby button on your home screen.
There are many reasons to want to get rid of the Pixby assistant. Just as a quick reminder, Bixby is divided into two aspects: Bixby Voice and Bixby Home. Some people might not appreciate that the assistant can be activated by accident, and other people might not want to use the Bixby Voice feature. Whatever your reason may be, we’ll show you how to deactivate it.
Note: This trick doesn’t work on the Galaxy Note 9
Despite its initial reluctance, Samsung has finally given us the option of deactivating the physical button on its devices. Unfortunately, it still can’t be reprogrammed. It’s either for Bixby or completely useless!
Firstly, you’ll need a Samsung account. The world’s number one manufacturer is indeed clever. In order to deactivate the Bixby button, you’ll have to create an account first.
- Open Bixby as you normally would by clicking the physical button on the left.
- From the Bixby main screen, tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your screen. A window will open at the top with the cursor set to the On position.
- Deactivate the Bixby button by switching it to the Off position.
Even if you’ve disabled the Bixby button, be aware that holding down the Bixby button will activate Bixby Voice. Fortunately, there’s a way to solve this problem as well. All you have to do is swipe to the right until you reach Bixby Home or press and hold down the Bixby button.
- Press the three vertical dots on the top right.
- Navigate the settings
- Turn off Bixby Voice and you’re done!
Tired of unintentionally activating Bixby on the home screen? There’s good news, since you can deactivate Bixby from your home screen.
- Press and hold on the home screen
- Swipe to the right of the screen
- Deactivate Bixby Home and voila!
Do you think it is useful (or interesting) to remove Bixby? Or do you think the voice assistant is necessary for your smartphone?