How to factory reset the OnePlus 2
The OnePlus 2 packs in a lot of bang for your buck when it comes to overall performance, but that doesn't stop it from occasionally running into software issues. Be it unresponsive keys, app crashes or camera problems; sometimes, we just can't fix these errors even after trying every trick in the book. And that's when you need to know how to factory reset the OnePlus 2.
It's important to note that you will not lose your warranty by performing a factory reset, nor will your phone go back to the version of Android that it originally came with. However, all your downloaded apps, user accounts, settings, photo, and music will be removed, so back them up before doing a factory reset. Make sure your OnePlus 2 is fully charged too, because you don’t want the reset process to be interrupted or your phone to get bricked.
There are two ways to set your OnePlus 2 back to its original factory state. Either by going to settings menu or by performing a hardware reset. The hardware reset method will be your only option if your phone is not responding to any command or you have forgotten your lock code pattern, pin or password.
How to factory reset the OnePlus 2 (settings menu)
- Backup your data by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Back up my data > On.
- Select the Google account where you want to back up your data.
- Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Reset phone > Erase everything.
- Wait for your OnePlus 2 to reset to factory default settings and restart it automatically.
How to factory reset the OnePlus 2 (hardware buttons)
- Press the power key of your OnePlus 2 and select Power off or keep the key pressed down for a few seconds.
- Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the power and volume up keys together.
- Once you see fastboot mode, release the keys.
- Select your language and then tap Wipe data and cache > Data and cache will be wiped, continue?
- Select yes and wait while your phone wipes its data and cached folders.
- Once completed, your display will read 'Wipe success' and give you the option of rebooting your phone or going back.
- Choose reboot and your OnePlus 2 will be in its factory-fresh state.
What kind of issues were you facing with your OnePlus 2 that caused you to reset your phone? Did factory resetting solve those issues? Please let us know in the comments.
My phone is stuck at “android is starting optimizing app 1 of 1” tried hard factory reset but phone is stuck at fastboot mode screen.
'Same issue with me. Stuck on "Android Is starting Optimizing app 1 of 1" . Anything in specific that I have to do to resolve it..???
I did a hard factory reset but still it did not resolve my One plus 2 cpu and gpu issue.Two cpus are not active while it uses only the low core cpus and in gpu my one plus 2 only runs at 180 mhz while it has maximum clock of 450 mhz and thus even small games like Subway surfer lags .I checked my cpu and gpu using cpuz .Can you please resolve my issue.Everything is fine as of late but the cpu and gpu throthling issues are found in my one plus 2.
My one plus two is not starting. I ahve tried hard reboot also but only 1+ sign in the starting is coming & nothing else.
Hey, smarter guys in comments, be polite to each other!! If here is some info, and it helps at least one person, it's a great thing. And if you wanna show ur IQ to everybody blaming everything around you, go to your mama and do that. not here, OK! To OP - great, man, keep it up!
if one needs instructions on how to reset ANY cell phone (not just the OnePlus 2) maybe I suggest they stick w/ iPhones....where are tailor made for folks w/ an IQ below 80.