Is it ok to buy refurbished smartphones in terms of security?

• Replies:5
Vijay Laxmi
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 12, 2021, 4:45:25 PM via Website

Hello Guys

can refurbished smartphones be bought with security? Because they are used products will we face any issue?

liz_evergreen
  • Forum posts: 10

Aug 20, 2021, 8:04:48 AM via Website

Battery life would my biggest concern. Keep in mind, some models have non-replaceable so it might be more expensive than a newer model in the end.
Plus, some oldest models won't get further OS updates.

Otherwise, it's not that dangerous. If you do a factory reset the phone will definitely be wiped clean and it will be safe to use in that regard.

Helpful?
Vijay Laxmi
Vijay Laxmi
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 25, 2021, 1:41:19 PM via Website

Thanks

liz_evergreen

But what if the battery is new in refurbished phone. I have read somewhere that the battery of refurbished phone's are new and i was thinking to buy Refurbished iPhone but was quite confuse. Also i have searched lots of websites which can provide Pristine device. Lets hope i can clear my doubt regarding Refurbished device.

Helpful?
DEV IT
  • Forum posts: 79

Aug 27, 2021, 12:52:36 PM via Website

the refurbished phone comes in good condition but in some worst cases you might face cheat, but it can happen if you have purchased it from an unauthorized seller or online platform.

I have used refurbished 2 phones one was iPhone 6s and another Galaxy m51 but both mobiles was in good condition.

Just keep in mind the platform you buy from.

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,583

Aug 30, 2021, 4:50:53 AM via Website

I don't think there is any big problem if the battery is new in that refurbished phone.
If you are worried about security vulnerabilities, you can run both 'clear data (factory reset)' and 'clear cache partition', and then update the system software to the latest before you use the smart phone.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
liz_evergreen
  • Forum posts: 10

Aug 30, 2021, 5:56:41 AM via Website

No problem! Can't recommend you anything since I haven't bought pre-used iPhones. I believe that the seller might provide you with a guarantee, but still - be sure to test the device before buying.

Helpful?