System believes facebook messenger is installed but it isn't

• Replies:8
Milan Dzodic
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 3, 2019, 11:52:04 PM via Website

Hey there!

I wanted facebook and facebook messenger apps with a dark theme and since it is not in the original versions I was looking for a solution and found this:

themefoxx.com/2017/02/dark-facebook-app-for-android-facebook-theme-download.html

The regular facebook app works perfectly. None of the apps are with viruses and they are well done. However, I have a problem with the messenger app. I installed it and it worked fine but after a while the app says that I have to update to the current version and I cannot access any conversations. If I click on the update, it will take me to the Play Store and of course I cannot update it because it is not the original messenger app.

I uninstalled the dark theme messenger app.

Entered play.google.com and there it said facebook messenger app is already installed though it is of course not.

So there is a bug that my system thinks it is already installed and hence cannot be installed.

How can I clear something so that the system understands that messenger is not installed and so I can reinstall it again from the Play Store? Seems like it is stuck and thinks messenger is there though the homemade dark theme app is uninstalled and there is no original version either.

Seems the dark theme app version has bugged the system so some data/cache somewhere needs to be cleared but I have no idea how to fix this.

I have a P20 Pro with latest Android 9 Pie.

Thanks!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Feb 4, 2019, 3:32:25 AM via Website

Is your phone rooted?

1. From Play Store Go to >> My apps and games >>select the Library tab >> Press the X button near the Facebook.
  2. Clear Cache and data from play store

Check this out https://www.nextpit.com/forum/586276/play-store-says-installed-and-won-t-let-me
Never Install a Modded version which can access our data.

— modified on Feb 4, 2019, 3:16:00 PM

Ready To Help You.

Helpful?
Sorin
Mark Crystal
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 4, 2019, 2:34:39 PM via Website

If you care about privacy I would not install or buy any smartphone with any Facebook apps preinstalled on any smartphone. Disable functions are useless

Helpful?
Milan Dzodic

Feb 5, 2019, 4:37:38 AM via Website

Its not rooted.
I did what you asked but it doesnt work still.

I get error code 910 and also -505...

I wish I could fix this :/

Helpful?
Milan Dzodic

Feb 5, 2019, 4:38:18 AM via Website

Sanjai Joseph

Is your phone rooted?

1. From Play Store Go to >> My apps and games >>select the Library tab >> Press the X button near the Facebook.
  2. Clear Cache and data from play store

Check this out https://www.nextpit.com/forum/586276/play-store-says-installed-and-won-t-let-me
Never Install a Modded version which can access our data.

Its not rooted.
I did what you asked but it doesnt work still.

I get error code 910 and also -505...

I wish I could fix this :/

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Feb 5, 2019, 1:26:50 PM via Website

Facebook apps are being preinstalled at the manufacturer.
If I am understanding your post correctly,
Your device is telling you to update the preinstalled app! Not the app you installed!
Go to settings, pull up the list of all systems apps in your phone, there you will find the preinstalled version I'm talking about!
You could disable the preinstalled version, that should get rid of the update notifications .
Or you can uninstall the other one and use the preinstalled version. Then install the update!

Helpful?
Sorin
Milan Dzodic

Feb 6, 2019, 2:31:42 AM via Website

Lindsay mcdaniel

Facebook apps are being preinstalled at the manufacturer.
If I am understanding your post correctly,
Your device is telling you to update the preinstalled app! Not the app you installed!
Go to settings, pull up the list of all systems apps in your phone, there you will find the preinstalled version I'm talking about!
You could disable the preinstalled version, that should get rid of the update notifications .
Or you can uninstall the other one and use the preinstalled version. Then install the update!

Thats not quite how it is.

I uninstalled the original official fb messenger to install this dark theme custom made fb messenger app.
But I cant use it since it keeps saying its old.
So I uninstall the dark theme app.
But now I cant install the official fb messenger app from the Play Store.
Keeps giving me error code 910 and -505.

I have tried all I can think of. Reset cache and data in Play Store and removing aps and uninstalling but nothing works. Something is stuck with the custom dark theme app and it blocks the official one I want to install from the Play Store even when the dark theme app is unistalled.

Helpful?
Sorin
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Feb 6, 2019, 11:49:04 AM via Website

Milan
That factory installed Facebook app did not uninstall completely. Other people have tried to remove it without any success. Not even a re-root will remove it. That's why you are getting that error code. It is still in your device somewhere. Look through your apps files and storage. You will have to find it and re-activate it install the update
To get rid of that notification.

There is a post on the forum by Vijay,
Called deleting Facebook apps,
You may want to read what that guy is going through.

— modified on Feb 6, 2019, 12:40:38 PM

Helpful?
King BiLy
  • Forum posts: 14

Feb 9, 2019, 9:37:16 AM via Website

Si Facebook ne s’affiche pas correctement dans votre navigateur web, il peut s’agir d’un problème de données cache ou temporaires.
Vous pouvez peut-être résoudre ce problème en supprimant vos données cache et temporaires. Vous pouvez effectuer cette opération depuis les paramètres ou les préférences de votre navigateur web. Vous devez utiliser les instructions propres à la version de votre navigateur et à votre système d’exploitation (par exemple, Mac, PC)

Helpful?