Samsung Galaxy S6 — Samaung galaxy s6 ultimate problem.

• Replies:8
Rohan McCracken
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 24, 2018, 12:12:57 AM via Website

Hi from Australia all!
I've got an unlocked s6 that will only properly work
on one provider. (telstra)
I am with vodafone.
The vodafone simcard works completely fine when im in the country, it's just when im in my home city (Perth) internet will constantly cut out, people can rarely call me and I can rarely call out. 
I have rooted my phone, completely wiped it a few times, changed system software etc I've done all the obvious things like change radio settings, gsm prl, global, wdmca etc. Can't get anythinh to make it work! 
The only thing I haven't tried is force roam, which im pretty sure can be done? But if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 24, 2018, 10:11:49 PM via Website

If your phone was activated with that Telstra Sims card, then it is not surprising
That the vidafone Sims card won't work proprely. Actually I'm supprised it works at all!
Best advice is to pick the Sims card you like the most, and have your phone reactivated with that card, then don't switch it!

Helpful?
Rohan McCracken

Nov 25, 2018, 2:15:00 AM via Website

I dont really understand what you're saying, but thanks for the reply. My phone is unlocked so I should be able to use any prepaid simcard in it

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Nov 25, 2018, 11:39:05 AM via Website

Rohan
I have a unlocked galaxy s7.
A unlocked phone simply defined is a phone that was purchased before any carrier got their hands on it and then added their own programming to that device. That allows the owner to take it to any cell phone carrier and have it activated. To do that they must insert THIER Sims card! By switching that Sims card to a different one you cut off your carrier signal! Because the second Sims card is no longer activated to your phone. Which means no calls and no internet access!
And it doesn't matter if it is a prepaid Sims card. If the Sims cards are from 2 different companies then you still have to have the phone reactivated every time you switch cards!
If you still don't understand what I'm trying to tell you,
You should take that phone to the phone store where you had it activated and ask them what would happens if you switched Sims cards like you did!
Maybe they can explain it better to you!

— modified on Nov 25, 2018, 11:54:01 AM

Helpful?
Rohan McCracken

Nov 25, 2018, 1:04:14 PM via Website

My sim card is active, im using the phone right now in fact, with the Vodafone sim.
I understand how unlocked phones work.
All the carrier settings are in the sim card.
My vodafone sim card only works half the time in this phone. I've been to the store twice to get new sim cards.
My telstra sim card works perfectly in this phone all the time.
No one has been able to give me a straight answer yet. Like I said, ive done all the obvious things.
It's been this way since I got the phone months ago.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Nov 25, 2018, 1:46:15 PM via Website

In that case I suggest the problem is with the strength of the signal you are receiving when you are using that Vodafone Sims card!

Helpful?
rossi123
  • Forum posts: 9

Nov 25, 2018, 3:17:24 PM via Website

thank you for information

Helpful?
rossi123
  • Forum posts: 9

Nov 25, 2018, 3:28:57 PM via Website

thanks

Helpful?
Viktor Fallenheart