Google drive app query

• Replies:0
Jeremy Mosengo
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 12, 2018, 3:50:33 PM via Website

I normally dont use google drive at all but had an idea that might make it useful for me, to upload certain files into it to be used later to free up some storage on my phone. For example: i have a few games which ive aquired obb caches and apk files for from apk share sites. I know once ive placed the obbs in the android folder and run the apk i can delete the apk and obb zips if i wish, but sometimes if i encounter a problem with the game and need to do a fresh install, i need to redownload them if ive chosen to delete the cache and apk files. Or for example if my phones storage is getting tight i can pick a few games off my list and store the necessary files in my google drive so i can delete the game when i get bored of it then simply grab the files back out of google drive when i want to put that game back into my rotation. I know i can always as a last resort find them again off an apk share site, but sometimes they get shut down or youre unable to find the same files down the track, so at least id know ill have the files in drive should i ever want them.
So i gave it a go and picked a game i wanted to store, the files were 1.89gb, i began the upload and went and checked the app list through the settings and noticed Google drive was now using 1.9gb of my phones storage. Does this mean every file ive put into google drive will add to how much storage it takes? Or does the app only need to use the extra storage in your phone in a cache while the file is still in the upload phase, and then return to its normal size once the upload is complete?

Be the first to answer