How can I recover deleted contacts and/or call history? Please help.

• Replies:13
ElisavetKat
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 26, 2018, 12:09:39 PM via Website

It is so important to find a deleted phone number that was in my contacts and in my call history. It is absolutely very very serious. Every way I have turned to ends up being a dead end. There is no back up at my google accounts. I have tried so many programs for data recovery, but they recovered contacts I didn't need, not the one I am searching for. My phone is not rooted, but I don't mind if I have to root it in order to find the number. Please help, this person did something bad and it's the only way I have of ever finding them.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Aug 26, 2018, 1:53:36 PM via Website

This matter sounds very important!
The only thing I can suggest is this;
Contact your cell phone carrier. Ask them to send you a itemized bill. This will probably have a small fee, but it will have a list of phone calls with the numbers that you made !
Make sure you request the monthly bill when you last called the number you seek!
And remember, in the future, write down all important numbers on a piece of paper or in a address book for future reference!
I hope this helps you!
Take care!

Helpful?
Sorin
Deactivated Account

Aug 26, 2018, 3:31:22 PM via Website

Bye the way!
Rooting your phone will not recover lost data. Rooting is mostly used to remove unwanted apps that your programming won't allow you to uninstall!
Just a heads up!

Helpful?
Sorin
ElisavetKat

Aug 26, 2018, 4:06:46 PM via Website

Thank you SO much for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, I have already contacted my phone service company and I got an online analysis of my calls, but the number I really really need is not there. It was an outcoming call that wasn't answered and missed calls aren't billed. It really is very serious, but as it seems I am out of any luck. However, thank you for taking the time to reply. I hope you have a nice happy day.

Helpful?
chayusiro
  • Forum posts: 69

Aug 27, 2018, 8:45:59 AM via Website

Usually, if the deleted contacts and/or call history is not overwritten by new data, you can use phone data recovery tool to help you recover them. Just use it to scan your phone, if the deleted contacts and/or call history can be scanned out, you can get it back easily.

Helpful?
ElisavetKat

Aug 27, 2018, 7:34:09 PM via Website

Any idea which program I could use?

Helpful?
neal
  • Forum posts: 13

Aug 28, 2018, 6:25:40 AM via Website

Do you Know any proper way to root an Android Phone?

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Aug 28, 2018, 11:56:44 AM via Website

Neal
Proper way to root a phone.
Back up or record all your apps on external hard drive.
Install re-root program of your choice. There are many to choose from in play store and on the internet.
Then delete unwanted apps.
After check to see if there is any negative or unwanted effects to your device. If there are!
Then go to your back up and reinstall that app.
I have never done this myself, but that's the way to do it!

Helpful?
Sorin
DIDIBear
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 31, 2018, 8:42:51 AM via Website

Have you turned on any built-in backup services? If no, try android recovery tool in the market. Actually I suggest backup your phone regularly.

Helpful?
mdrasel
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 1, 2018, 9:01:08 PM via Website

You can call to your carrier and they can help you bring that back.

Helpful?
Billy Beckham
  • Forum posts: 17

Sep 3, 2018, 3:58:41 AM via Website

Before finding ways to restore or find back your contacts, you'd better to have a look at your Android device, because your contacts might not be deleted. So you need to make sure all your contats are being displayed.
1. Find "Contacts" and open it on your Android phone.
2. Tap on the menu button on the top right corner. Then choose "Settings" > "Contacts to Display".
3. Select "All Contacts". Now, you can return and check whether you got your contacts back or not.
If it is back, that means your contacts is not deleted but hidden. But if it is still not back, you can try the below method to get them back.

An excellent program is required for the task - MobiKin Doctor for Android (Win/Mac). It is easy to manage as you can recover lost, deleted, or formatted contacts on Android phones through only several clicks. Furthermore, before you make the recovery, the program allows you to preview all the contacts information, such as name, phone number, email address, company address and so on. So that you can choose what you want and restore them selectively. The restored contacts can be saved in the format of HTML or TXT.

— modified on Oct 25, 2018, 10:49:35 AM

Helpful?
Cora
  • Forum posts: 46

May 13, 2020, 1:05:49 PM via Website

The data recovery program only can recover the data that hasn't been overwritten.And the deleted data is easily overwritten by new files,as long as you add or create new files.So before recovering,you'd better to check if you deleted data still exsit on your internal storage.

Helpful?
ttucjacks123
  • Forum posts: 15

Jun 28, 2021, 8:59:41 AM via Website

Very sorry to hear the issue. To recover deleted contacts or call history, you can use a powerful data recovery tool like TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery. If you are using Android phone, there are similar tools. Just Google it.

Helpful?
Andrew Will
  • Forum posts: 10

Aug 11, 2021, 1:19:05 PM via Website

You can use the third party app to find your deleted contact and call history on android, like KidsGuard Pro for Android, maybe you can have a try about this app.

Helpful?