Facebook Messenger Share Live Location

• Replies:0
Justin
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 16, 2017, 8:13:42 PM via Website

Hi!
I need help regarding a problem in my messenger app in Android on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 edge).

I would like to use the „SHARE LIVE LOCATION” options, but the blue button with this title is missing.

I use the latest version. I try to uninstall and reinstall the app, force stop and restart, clear program cache data and finally a full factory reset on my mobile, but all in vain.

The „SHARE LIVE LOCATION” button does not appear. I can only share just fixed locations.

I check all setting in the messenger app and in the facebokk app too, but I can not find where can I enabled this option.

Which is strange that when I use another account on this same device it works fine.

At the end of March, when this new feature was published, I remember, I choose the „Not now” option. But I can’t find where can I re-enable it.

It seems this settings was saved somewhere and I did not find anywhere in the app where can I change this.

I try to install an older version of messenger app, but in vain.

It seems this settings is ingrained somewhere hidden into my account and I can not enable live position shareing. If I try another device (other android phone or tablet) the result is the same: there is no the blue "share live location" button.

Please help me, where and how can I approve this „SHARE LIVE LOCATION” feature and re-enable this option.

Thanks in advance.