Nabi big tab 24 crashing freezing

• Replies:6
K Go
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 2, 2017, 5:30:35 PM via Website

Recently bought a used nabi big tab 24 and when I start some apps it usually crashes or freezes. Most apps from the preinstalled nabi would usually run but some of them won't. Most apps from google play store won't run like youtube etc. it will just crash and freeze. My question is do I just do a factory reset? Is it software or hardware problem? The os is android 4.4.2. Do I just upgrade it to the latest android os? Will it run since it is an old android tablet? Hoping someone can help me with these issues.

jonathan ponce

Apr 7, 2017, 5:41:03 PM via Website

I'm having the same issue I thought it was a hardware problem but just got a second one and same thing is annoying because my son only wants to watch YouTube and it keeps crashing

Kevin Lamberson

Apr 13, 2017, 1:42:30 AM via Website

I HAD THIS SAME ISSUE - The problem is with the Google Play Store app that was updated sometime in February. Your tablet will freeze at times, and apps will not work/open correctly, and go to a black screen when you try to open them (Netflix etc) TO FIX THIS SIMPLY: Try resetting the tablet to factory setting, and do not log/sign into the Google Play Store when you are first setting it up. If you log into it, it will update, & mess your tablet up again, & you will have to start over - DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY APPS FROM THE UPDATED PLAY STORE AT THIS TIME - Any apps that you want or need, can be downloaded from the internet or from an alternative app store that you can also download. Just search the internet for any specific app or Android APK by typing the name in Like "Netflix APK downdoad" or "Avast Mobile Security APK", games etc. You can down load pretty much anything that you can get from Google Play Store if you find an alternative store (Just Google it to find one LOL) – You can also download Apps/APKs to your computer, and just install them to your tablet using a USB cable (You may need to download an “APK Installer” app to do this) - HOPE THIS HELPS - THIS SHOULD FIX YOUR PROBLEM :)
Kevin

Vinh Nguyen

Joe

May 13, 2017, 4:20:59 AM via Website

I'm having the same issue here too. I ordered another one with same issue. Thanks for your suggestion. will try it today. Hopefully Big Tab will fix it in the firmware in near future, if they care enough for their customers.

kat ramirez

May 15, 2017, 5:16:22 AM via Website

this helped so much thank you

Vinh Nguyen

Aug 23, 2017, 2:50:33 PM via Website

Resetting to factory settings without signing into Google fixed it for me. Thank you. It has been driving me crazy for months

pokagamet

Apr 18, 2019, 10:36:43 PM via Website

Thanyou this helped me so much