Indie developer sharing her work.

• Replies:1
shotgun experiments
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 16, 2016, 4:18:04 AM via Website

Hi. I'm an indie developer starting out on android for a few months now. I am hoping you guys would consider checking out some, or all of my apps below. The names, description and links to the apps are as follows. They are all free apps. You can find them by their names in google play store.

Movie Quotes Challenge!
For all movie aficionados containing a game mode on a solo quiz as well as a challenge mode, where two players simultaneously challenge each other on their knowledge of all things related to movies (e.g. movie title, cast, quotes etc).
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.moviequoteschallenge&hl=en

Arabic Locker
A flashcard/quiz app for Arabic language enthusiast to practice their arabic and learn new arabic words or phrases. Keeps tracks of your quiz records for each word so as to 'lock away' all those you are already familiar with. It also works offline.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.arabiclocker&hl=en

French Locker
Similar to Arabic Locker, French Locker is a flashcard/quiz app for French language enthusiast to practice their French and learn new commonly used french words or phrases. It works offline and continuously keeps tracks of each word so as to 'lock away' all those you are already familiar with.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.frenchlocker&hl=en

JLPT Locker
Based on the official Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)in Japan, JLPT Locker, like the two above, is also a flashcard/quiz app that keeps track of your japanese vocabulary and allows you to practice your Japanese language whether online or offline.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.jlptlocker&hl=en

HSK Locker
Based on the official Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) exam in China, HSK Locker, similar to the above, is also a flashcard/quiz app that keeps track of your chinese vocabulary (up to 5,000 commonly used words and phrases) and allows you to practice your Chinese language at your convenience.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.hsklocker&hl=en

TOPIK Locker
Based on the official Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) in Korea, TOPIK Locker, similar to the above, is also a flashcard/quiz app that keeps track of your Korean vocabulary (up to 8,000 commonly used words and phrases) and allows you to practice your Korean language at your convenience.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.topiklocker&hl=en

Beginner French
A 12-word-a-day app that slowly builds your familiarity to the beautiful French language with each passing day. The app keeps a record of all the words you learn and test you on them in a decreasingly intervals.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.beginnerfrench&hl=en

Beginner Arabic
Similar to Beginner French is a dictionary resource that is slowly revealed to the user, up to 12 words a day. The user can keep track of all the words he or she knows through this app that works both online and offline.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.beginnerarabic&hl=en

Beginner Japanese
Not unlike the above, Beginner Japanese is a progressive learning app for learning Japanese for absolute beginners.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.beginnerjapanese&hl=en

Beginner Korean
Beginner Korean is another 12 words a day app for learning Korean from scratch. Like the others, it also works offline and acts as a deposit account that keeps tracks of all the Korean phrases you learnt.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.beginnerkorean&hl=en

Beginner Chinese
Beginner Chinese is the last of the 'Beginner' language series for the Chinese Language. The vocabulary list is based on the official HSK list that consist of nearly 5,000 commonly used words and phrases.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shex.beginnerchinese&hl=en

Ben Gaskin
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 3, 2017, 3:26:42 PM via Website

Hi! I hope you'll continue working on JLPT locker. Seems like a really good learning system. Several small bugs and would be much more valuable to me personally if it showed the kanji too (no need to increase gameplay complexity: showing it together with hiragana pronunciation would be fine).

So well done for an early version. I hope shotgun experiments doesn't mean you will endlessly move on to new things. I hope you can continue to develop on the ones that gain an interest.