Motorola Moto G (2014) — Google Search Result Links In Marshmallow

• Replies:0
jondan7
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 8, 2016, 3:46:06 PM via Website

About 2 weeks ago it was my phones turn to upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and the first thing I saw was that when making a Google search inquiry from the search bar on my homepage and the results rendered as they did in Lollipop, but then when I tap on a result link, it would open as some sort of a Google browser page instead of offering the pop-up open with menu from the bottom with a choice of browsers.

This Google "link opening page", I'll call it, has an all blue header like here in AndroidPit and the upper right corner had 3 dots with a drop menu that offered something, I forget, Share symbol and Open In Browser. Wow, this was a real fast way to check a link to see if it's what I want or not. I sure did like this search feature a lot and now it's gone, just disappeared so anytime I tap a search result link now I only get the pop-up menu from the bottom offering what browser, the old way of Lollipop.

I sure would like to get this feature back but not knowing what it's called, I am unable to find it in any of the Google or phone settings. Does anyone know what I am refering to and how to get this feature back?

— modified on Apr 8, 2016, 3:48:30 PM