Messages don't come in correct order

• Replies:4
Kamil Bidiuk
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 6, 2016, 8:09:08 PM via Website

Hi,

I've been having this problem since I switched to Xiaomi Redmi 2, messages don't come until I open Whatsapp manually or come delayed which is bearable. The most annoying thing is that in group conversations, when I get multiple messages, they don't come in time order but rather "person order", so to speak. E.g. First I receive messages from one person, then from another (but judging by the time sent they were sent alternately). It's very frustrating because the messages make no sense and are pretty hard to decipher, does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Cheers

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Feb 7, 2016, 5:22:44 AM via Website

Turn On "Read Receipts" if it is unchecked , I had the same problem before or uninstall and then reinstall the latest version of whatsapp again.

Ready To Help You.

rooney87
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 10, 2016, 9:58:48 AM via Website

Hello,

i have the same problem. Group messages are not in correct order, it is very annoying.
read receipt is already turned on. I have the newest version. i already reinstalled. Automatic time/zone is turned on.
Nothing helped at the moment. Any solutions or ideas what might help?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Feb 10, 2016, 12:03:24 PM via Website

rooney87

Hello,

i have the same problem. Group messages are not in correct order, it is very annoying.
read receipt is already turned on. I have the newest version. i already reinstalled. Automatic time/zone is turned on.
Nothing helped at the moment. Any solutions or ideas what might help?

Maybe this will help you
https://www.nextpit.com/forum/562533/why-are-my-whatsapp-incoming-messages-being-delayed

There are some rumors about this issue and they think it's from whatsapp side. I guess it will be fixed in next update.

Ready To Help You.

Lawrence
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 4, 2021, 6:40:32 AM via Website

Same problem on my iPhone. The text messages were out of order on my iPhone several months ago. I first force restarted the device but it didn't help. Later I saw some friends use a professional ios repair tool named TunesKit iOS System Recovery and I tried out it. Fortunately, it saved me and the issue was successfully fixed. Well, in your situation, you could reboot your device and look for if there is related software.