Why are my WhatsApp incoming messages being delayed?

• Replies:14
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 12, 2013, 12:02:53 PM via Website

We have an entire article dedicated to a whole host of WhatsApp problems and their solutions:

https://www.nextpit.com/help-i-have-a-problem-with-whatsapp-here-are-the-solutions

As to the problem of this thread, here are 3 possible solutions:

Solution #1
First and foremost, make sure you are using a strong Wi-Fi connection or that your mobile connection is turned on.

Solution #2
You might need to fix the notification settings. Fix this by:

Going into the WhatsApp
Pushing on the Menu Button
Tapping on settings and then notifications

There are three options: Message notifications, Group notifications and broadcast notifications. You can regulate them as desired.

Solution #3
If this isn't the issue, there is one more solution: you might not be getting your messages pushed from Google's push service.
The way to fix this is:

Reboot your phone (power down and power up)
Delete and reinstall WhatsApp
Allow Background data by going under Settings --> Data Usage --> Menu Button
Start the Hangouts App by pressing Menu Button and sign out of ALL of your accounts by tapping on account, scrolling down and choose ''sign out''. Then re-start Hangouts and sign back into your account(s).
Turn on Wi-Fi connection
Make sure you Wi-Fi connection sleep policy is set up: got to Setttings --> Wi-Fi -->Menu Button --> Advanced --> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep--> select ''Always''
Attention HTC devices: turn off fast boot in Menu button --> settings--> power -->fast boot. If you have Android 2.3, set Power Mode to economy by going -->Settings --> Power --> Economy mode settings --> uncheck ''Disable background data''. Now, restart your phone.

Also, unistall any task killers which will keep your messages from popping up.

Hopefully this has helped you figure out the problem!

— modified on Jun 28, 2017, 10:08:39 AM by moderator

jenny smith

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 72

Sep 24, 2013, 1:36:07 PM via Website

Thanks for those tips... I have encountered network failure issues on time. Is there any possible solution for that.

jenny smith

jenny smith
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 25, 2013, 6:11:40 AM via Website

Very helpful solution, I think that if the sender side, network is not working than the connection would be interrupted.

— modified on Nov 25, 2013, 6:12:12 AM

Fareed Faruqui
  • Forum posts: 1

May 20, 2014, 9:46:28 PM via Website

I have tried all the above solutions yet the problem persists. Sometimes I am having a delay of 15 to 20 minutes! It's really frustrating cos I can't figure out a way to fix it!

Reema Aggarwal
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 10, 2014, 3:58:26 PM via Website

Good Solution. Here is some reason: May be due to the network problem. Or might be apps got corrupted. Best thing uninstall and reinstall.

Tommaso Santojanni
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 24, 2015, 6:43:45 AM via Website

@ Loi,

First of all, thanks for your time trying to help us. Much appreciated.
Device: Samsung Note 3 LTE N9005; 4.4.2; rooted; stock Samsung Italian ROM.

I have been experiencing WhatsApp & Gmail delayed notifications.
I have followed all your instructions, plus:
Uninstalled and reinstalled about 10 times, already. Each time, after uninstall I did:
Cache cleaning,
Dalvik Cache cleaning,
Permissions fix,
Installed PNF Push Notifications Fixer [*] WiFi heartbeat set to 5+6, 6+5, 5+5 and many other combinations.
Account log-out.

Of course I uninstalled all cache cleaners, Boosters, app-killers, greenify, etc. I don't use hangouts but - just to be safe - I installed it and followed your instructions and WhatsApp instructions.
[*] When I open "Google Play Services" I get bombarded by all delayed messages - not only WhatsApp & gmail but also Shazam, Skype, Viber, PayPal, eBay, Rakuten...

WhatsApp tech support washed their hands and said that they don't offer support to rooted devices... as*hol*s! Samsung and google... same reply.

I really need help as I've been trying since before Christmas to solve this problem. Short of Factory-Reset/ROM re-flash I have done everything which comes to my mind and I feel that it is a "Google Play Services" & "google push services" problem but I can't solve it... I also cannot do factory-reset/ROM re-flash.

Please, please, please help!

— modified on Feb 24, 2015, 6:45:12 AM

Whatspp Numbers
  • Forum posts: 11

May 19, 2015, 1:31:50 AM via Website

Whatsapp Mobile Numbers Girls And Boys Whatsapp Groupe | WhatsApp Wallpaper
Whatsapp Chat Numbers

Whatsapp Quotes
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 17, 2015, 12:40:21 PM via Website

Loie Favre

Here are 3 possible solutions:

Solution #1
First and foremost, make sure you are using a strong Wi-Fi connection or that your mobile connection is turned on.

Solution #2
You might need to fix the notification settings. Fix this by:

Going into the WhatsApp
Pushing on the Menu Button
Tapping on settings and then notifications

There are three options: Message notifications, Group notifications and broadcast notifications. You can regulate them as desired.

Solution #3
If this isn't the issue, there is one more solution: you might not be getting your messages pushed from Google's push service.
The way to fix this is:

Reboot your phone (power down and power up)
Delete and reinstall WhatsApp
Allow Background data by going under Settings --> Data Usage --> Menu Button
Start the Hangouts App by pressing Menu Button and sign out of ALL of your accounts by tapping on account, scrolling down and choose ''sign out''. Then re-start Hangouts and sign back into your account(s).
Turn on Wi-Fi connection
Make sure you Wi-Fi connection sleep policy is set up: got to Setttings --> Wi-Fi -->Menu Button --> Advanced --> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep--> select ''Always''
Attention HTC devices: turn off fast boot in Menu button --> settings--> power -->fast boot. If you have Android 2.3, set Power Mode to economy by going -->Settings --> Power --> Economy mode settings --> uncheck ''Disable background data''. Now, restart your phone.

Also, unistall any task killers which will keep your messages from popping up.

Hopefully this has helped you figure out the problem!

Thanks for this, I was really searching for such issue solution. You have provided good solution for delaying of whatsapp messages been received.

— modified on Jun 28, 2017, 10:09:12 AM by moderator

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 2, 2015, 5:22:52 AM via Website

That works for me .. or try any other above solutions which didn't help me but it might works for you!

Hope this help

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Whatsapp Quotes
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 5, 2016, 7:13:56 AM via Website

you can change your whatsapp Number or which groups has more chat this group to mute mode..

Isabelle Jones

Jul 4, 2017, 11:50:31 AM via Website

I did everything you said but still have that same problem. I can't uninstall the program as it came with it and I don't want to disable it? Anything else I can try?

minion hello
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 30, 2021, 8:36:57 AM via Website

thank you so much

Corrie Frami
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 3, 2021, 12:07:18 PM via Website

So helpful, thank you!!!

MamieBowen

Sep 29, 2022, 4:48:34 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing! :D
Looking for where to download premium apps and MOD APK? Search "TechZApk" on Google and enjoy! All is free!

— modified on Sep 30, 2022, 4:08:54 AM

Rachana
  • Forum posts: 16

Oct 11, 2022, 9:14:22 AM via Website

thank you!
2.3B people have whataap its mean this is big solution