Motorola Moto G (2014) — My phone isn't going into boot mode and won't turn on either.

• Replies:3
Sufyan Habeeb
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 31, 2015, 12:33:40 PM via Website

My Moto G (2nd Gen) stopped charging 2 days ago. I tried every solution but it just wouldn't charge. So when it completely drained out, I got into boot mode and tried the recovery option. But the screen would just go black after I selected it.
I started the boot mode many times (by holding the volume down key and the power key) and it would show the different option, i.e., normal reboot, recovery, factory, etc.
Now, my device isn't even going into boot mode. I tried charging it for several hours and still nothing.
If I get it into boot mode, I will try to restore stock firmware and unbrick it. But first I need to get it into boot mode. Please help me. Thanks in advance and happy new year.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 263

Dec 31, 2015, 1:12:45 PM via Website

Perform a Hard Reset, it will solve your problem, You could see the tutorial on YouTube.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page LEO Privacy Guard

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 31, 2015, 1:36:49 PM via Website

First i will suggest to use different charger to charge your phone, also inspect the phones charging port for damage.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Sufyan Habeeb
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 31, 2015, 2:17:18 PM via Website

@Roger Moore I can't hard reset it because the device won't go into boot mode. Is there any other way?
@nilofar shaikh I tried different kinds of chargers and adapters. Nothing worked.
I will take the phone to the service center today and let you guys know what the problem was. Thanks.