My Blackview BV 5000 Android 5.1 phone.

• Replies:6
Rexhep Hallulli
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 24, 2015, 3:29:47 AM via Website

Hi everybody.
I am new here. I just got my new phone Blackview BV 5000, 4G, Android 5.1, just to let you know this phone here in Canada is not compatible for Bell Canada wireless net work, but it work on Rogers wireless only with one problem, have to use 3G to work properly, if you put the setting for 4G network all incoming voice calls are going automatically on voice mail box and you get notification for it. The Rogers tec support told me, apparently it is an issue with this phone what use Android 5.1 and I have to wait for the next update from Android. Anybody knows any thing about this problem or update? Please let me know. Regards Rex

Abdur Rahim

Larry

Dec 29, 2015, 12:21:03 AM via Website

Rex

Have you tried the firmware update? Black view released a version 1.5 that had fixed GPS issues I was having but I was not able to find a change.log it just might fix your issue as well. Give it a go

Larry

Keegan Smith

Dec 29, 2015, 10:51:52 PM via Website

Any update on this? I am looking at buying this phone, I'm currently on Virgin (Bell). According the the specs listed for the phone, it SHOULD work. A Virgin customer service rep also told me that it should (but I don't put a lot of faith into them...)

D.bennett

Mar 16, 2016, 12:52:10 PM via Website

Yea it won't work on bell or telus. I have one.

Henry Lee

Mar 29, 2016, 7:39:53 PM via Website

Same thing here. I have tried to posted in Blackview (still wait for moderator to approve), about that problem about different Carrier in Toronto got problems. I guess some of you also did. We all know that BV 5000 support at least the 2G/3G frequence on GSM 850/1900 and on CDMA 850/1900. All of our Carriers with its sub Carriers among the big 3 companies support them all. So we should at least get a 2G/3G connection. So, there might be something more than frequency that has problem. It might be

I have updated that firmware but still not work for virgin mobile. So, don't buy the phone yet. Wait until they have android 6 this month or next month and see they fix the problem. But let you know it is not working even till now. A little disappointed with this phone.

— modified on Mar 29, 2016, 9:14:26 PM

Samuel Blanc

Apr 23, 2016, 2:54:50 PM via Website

How did you succeed to update the Firmware ?? Thanks for your help !

louis barnard

May 16, 2016, 9:01:19 AM via Website

Larry,

What was wrong with your gps?
I have version v1.1 and my gps show satellites but do not lock to any satellites.
If you switch AGPS off then theres no position...
Also, I had software installed that said theres a bosch compass but failed.

Would v1.5 fix this problem?

Louis