DDMS tool information

• Replies:1
sydney maxcy
  • Forum posts: 9

Jan 25, 2015, 6:36:07 PM via Website

I'm looking at the Android developer site and went to Develop/Tools/Debugging/Using DDMS information page to find out how
to use the tool for debugging. The funny thing is that this information talks about how to use this tool in Eclipse not Android Studio! The images shown of the tool are completely different than in Android Studio! Maybe they are ok in Eclipse, but I'm not using Eclipse.There is no devices view shown when I open up the DDMS tool, and I can't even find one in the perspectives menu. There is no way to connect to the my simulated device or any real device! So how do I select the device to debug? I would think that, this being an Android Studio site that at least the Android Studio aught to be covered and not Eclipse.

sydney maxcy
  • Forum posts: 9

Jan 25, 2015, 7:21:58 PM via Website

I'm looking at the Android developer site and went to Develop/Tools/Debugging/Using DDMS information page to out how to use to tool for debugging. The funny thing is that this information talks about how to use this tool in Eclipse not Android studio! I would think that this page should be oriented towards using Android Studio and not Eclipse.