Samsung Galaxy S3 — SMS Text Fails when Sending

• Replies:2
Melissa Dempsey
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 5, 2014, 6:10:47 AM via Website

My sons phone is a Samsung Galaxy s3 either he or myself sends a sms text message it fails on both ends. My phone is not having this problem, it is isolated to his phone. We have cleared of a bunch of apps he use to have and imported all media onto our pc, rebooted the phone and still the same problem exists. Anyone have this problem?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Aug 5, 2014, 7:17:32 AM via Website

Well, it looks like that the problem may not be because of the apps but it looks like the problem is with the sms centre number settings. Try heading over the message>settings>under Text message settings>Message centre look if the message centre number over there is available or not ! If you can't see the message centre number then I would say rang up your service provider get the message centre number put it over the Message centre number and then try sending the SMS again and see if that fix your problem ! :?

Philip Russell
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 18, 2015, 3:11:21 AM via Website

I have the same problem - no texts being received, sent text keep trying to send. No solution yet but rather than deleting suspect apps you can boot into safe mode (no apps). Google it - basically turn on an when you see the animation icon keep pressing menu (bottom left). I also tried my sim in a compatible mobile - text worked and tried s working sim in my mobile - texts failed. Therefore I think my phone is faulty not sim. Probably need expert maintenance or new phone.