- Forum posts: 432
Apr 8, 2014, 4:27:28 PM via Website
Apr 8, 2014 4:27:28 PM via Website
Why are my contacts not showing in WhatsApp? (How to fix)
If your contact does not appear in the Select contact list, please try the following steps:
- Make sure that you have your friend's phone number in your address book.
- Make sure that your friend is using WhatsApp Messenger.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp. If not, you can download the latest WhatsApp version.
- In your Android phone book, make sure that all contact accounts (i.e. SIM, Google, Phone) & contact groups (i.e. Friends, Family) are "visible" or "viewable".
- It is recommended that you make your contacts "not visible" & then "visible" to force a refresh. After doing this launch WhatsApp -> Contact list (the chat bubble button on the bottom of the main screen) -> Menu Button (⋮) -> Refresh.
Alternatively, you can use all your contacts, not just the "visible" ones. To do this go to Menu Button > Settings > Contacts > Show all contacts.
Check other solutions in the article linked below:
Contacts not showing in WhatsApp? Here’s how to fix this annoying problem!
— modified on Feb 21, 2022, 12:43:03 PM by moderator
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! Important to all community members: please read before posting