Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Downgrade Galaxy Note 2 from Android 4.3 to Android 4.1.2

• Replies:3
Christina Sedrak
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 23, 2014, 12:36:10 PM via Website

Hi All,

I just downloaded the new 4.3 Version on my note mobile and I was shocked when I found that the resolution of my mobile has dropped on videos, images, font and all over...

Moreover that network is too slow...

Are we supposed to download new version to downgrade the performance ??? IMPOSSIBLE

I need to downgrade this version

Anyone can help how to do this and if anyone is facing the same problem ?

— modified on Mar 24, 2014, 11:37:05 AM by moderator

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 24, 2014, 7:23:49 AM via Website

Well, I don't know much about downgrading but I Googled out and find something for you, I think you should have a look on this youtube video it is showing the complete downgrading process "youtube.com/watch?v=Vx27I3rewlw" .

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 24, 2014, 11:36:09 AM via Website

Hi Christina!

That sounds terrible!

A while back, many Galaxy S3 owners were having a ton of problems with Android 4.3 and were wanting to downgrade. It is amost the same process, but you will have to get the relevent firmware of course as well. Be careful though, downgrading your phone could lead to bricking it.

Here is the article for the general procedure:
How to downgrade Galaxy S3 to Android 4.1.2

And check out SamMobile for the proper firmware.

Finally, check for any brick cases on the XDA developer website. Before getting started.

Please be careful with this!

— modified on Mar 24, 2014, 11:36:28 AM

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 25, 2014, 3:56:56 AM via Website

Looks like the doctors got here before I did :)

My advice in these cases is FOLLOW DIRECTIONS to the letter. If you do that, you should be fine. If you don't understand the directions, feel free to ask for help. Even at XDA (the big awesome developer-central site), they tend to be pretty friendly to newbies, even those who ask dumb questions (that is, the type of questions I ask). Asking for help sure beats a bricked phone.

Just be aware that if your phone was still on warranty, it will be voided once you finish downgrading (because Samsung doesn't approve of third-party fixes to their own mistakes).

--I do a good impression of myself--