LG G2 KitKat Update

• Replies:10
Carmelo Rivera
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 6, 2014, 11:02:48 PM via App

I have an ATT variant of this phone and I haven't received an update yet...should I be worried already? Because I'm getting kind of desperate about it. I called both ATT and LG and told me to be patient. My question is that if my phone is rooted can I still get the update?

david harris
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 27, 2014, 4:50:45 PM via App

my lg g2 is running 4.4.2 as we speak

Michael D Stewart

Mar 27, 2014, 8:58:12 PM via App

still waiting in the UK boooohooooo

Michael D Stewart

Mar 27, 2014, 8:59:29 PM via App

I've been given the same run around in the UK at total pain

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 28, 2014, 6:15:41 AM via Website

@carmelo, well, it seems very bad as i haven't ever look onto this thread. My apologies, let me answer your question: Once you root your device you aren't going to receive the update ATT or LG.

Carmelo Rivera

Apr 14, 2014, 9:19:06 PM via App

You were right, John Farrell. I unrooted the phone and immediately received the 'KitKat' update. A belated "thanks" to you!

Robert Clark
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 25, 2014, 6:17:23 AM via Website

Carmelo Rivera

You were right, John Farrell. I unrooted the phone and immediately received the 'KitKat' update. A belated "thanks" to you!

Actually on my att lg g2 I was rooted and recieved update it flashed but failed. Stating it detected root and rebooted. Lol. So unroot first. Indeed.

Deactivated Account

May 24, 2014, 2:27:55 AM via App

You don't want the new update. it has made my phone worse.....I even did the factory reset because I read it could help the issues. it didn't.

Andre Sinaga

Jul 24, 2014, 1:25:50 AM via Website

I'm still waiting for the next LG update, KitKat 4.4.4...when, when, and when, sigh....4.4.2 is running greatly on mine, but I need more update to make my gadget more stable...prefer OTA update instead of CM...