Upgrading from ICS to Jelly Bean. Possible?

• Replies:10
AksHay Thorat
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 25, 2014, 4:12:07 PM via Website

Hey,
Is it possible to upgrade from ICS 4.0.3 to any version of Jelly Bean?

sohail0305
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 26, 2014, 4:27:43 PM via App

sir im trying to update my device
GT-i9300XXALEF via kies it says GT-I9300 doesn't initialising?? whats wrong here with my device? im also did that software update from phone its downloaded the firmware data but when its going to install it just stop on 31% most of the time i tried but didnt get it..my s3 android is 4.0.4 im just tired of this version..help me plz plz

— modified on Feb 26, 2014, 4:30:53 PM

Stig Torgersen

Feb 26, 2014, 4:40:42 PM via Website

I have a Tab GT-P7500 10.1
I wonder if it will go and update the jellybean. My version today ICS 4.0.3 ...
Best regards Stig

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 27, 2014, 5:13:35 AM via Website

@Sohail Is your device currently working ?? Have you try to update OTA ?? Why I am asking this is because this type of error is also reported by some tab2 users, I remember one of them was saying that whenever I tried to update my device via Kies it disconnects and device keep on initialising and if they try to update via OTA it show some error as can't be downloaded please try later or something like that....... I suggest them to wait for a week as that firmware is rolled out recently the server might be to busy, and after a week later they have successfully updated their device, So I'll suggest the same solution for you to.

sohail0305

sohail0305

Feb 27, 2014, 12:25:09 PM via Website

yes my device absolutely working fine..! the problem is only for updating.. my version is 4.0.4 i want to update it 4.3 :-D sir i'm sorry i don't know much about OTA ?? will you tell me about this??

mike

Feb 28, 2014, 2:30:01 PM via App

verizon s3 has a locked bootloader. flashing with cm wont work. i am stuck same place. but my s3 is on 4.3

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 3, 2014, 10:16:01 AM via Website

@Sohail OTA means over the air ...... There are basically two methods of updating your device 1st By Using Kies in this you connect your device via data cable and update it and secondly is OTA, in this your network provider will push the update, I am sure have seen notification about update in your device that mode of updating is termed as OTA. I don't think you are allowed to update to 4.3Jellybean unless you have root your device, you can update to the 4.3 by rooting your device and flashing ROM from the other vendor not samsung you can try cynogenmod, i will not prefer you doing this if you have less knowledge about rooting.... so i would say it first read all about rooting and how it's done then move forwards with it as it always include risk i.e. if not done properly your device can get bricked. You can find a bunch of information available in the internet ... try searching it yourself in the Google try "How to root GT-i9300" I am sure you can get a whole lot bunch of information.

sohail0305

Mar 3, 2014, 11:34:12 AM via App

thanks man i will try now.. :)) ur info really help me :))