Android 4.4 KitKat is here! Feature Roundup here!

• Replies:7
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Nov 1, 2013, 3:19:06 PM via Website

Guys, how are you not talking about this!!??

Android 4.4 is here! Aren't you all very excited about it? So far, we know this this will be a much more immersive operating system with a bunch of cool new features you all best be wanting to get on your phone unless you are crazy.

Let's break it down, shall we!

• OK Google with lets sou search through anything on your phone, like songs, directions and more without lifting a finger!
  • Full-Screen viewing of books and magazines, distraction free
  • Improved multitasking, even for older devices (once they get the update)
  • full-screen wallpaper previews
  • easy home screen switching
  • a refreshed email app
  • HDR+ photography
  • controling video and audio playback from the lockscreen
  • call organizing, automatic ID calling from Google Maps local listings
  • new location sharing
  • animated GIFs
  • Emojis in Google keyboard
  • Cloud Printer
  • QuickOffice
AHHHHHH! Permission to go crazy now!

What do you think about the Android 4.4 KitKat?

If you want to feel like you are experiencing it, you can do like Kris and me and install a bunch of APKs to simulate the experience on your older devices here for the Google Launcher and here for Hangouts 2.0 and other Google Apps like Nexus 5 Email, Google Keep, Google Camera, Calender, Nexus 5 Wallpapers, Google Keyboard, GMail, Google TTS and DeskClock 3.0.

udaykumar
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 2, 2013, 9:15:52 AM via App

Hi,Will it work on galaxy grand duos

Zhi San
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 12, 2013, 7:03:36 PM via Website

I truly and badly hope that Android can upgrade to a version which is available for Emoji like in iPhone. This is also a weakness part of Android. Without Emoji is boring enough and emoji visibility is preferred by the youngster since it can beautify our phone. I think most of the people are preferred this too so. Hope you can take this at consideration. Thankyou for reading my comment. -_--_--_--_--_-

Paul Walker
  • Forum posts: 9

Dec 27, 2013, 8:43:28 AM via Website

Will it work on S3 ? If yes then how can I update my S3 OS to 4.4 Kitkat ?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 27, 2013, 12:35:58 PM via Website

I've been using my N5 for about a week now so here's what I've noticed as a marked improvement over JellyBean:

The multi-tasking is hugely improved, as is the RAM management.
Local listings in the dialler is really handy. I wasn't really impressed when it was announced, but it is just so useful.
The location sharing now has a minimal effect on battery life.
Probably the most telling thing is, this is the first time where I have no real need to use custom roms. I've rooted the phone, used a few mods, and installed a custom kernel, but it was perfect out of the box.

Sinkster

plck74
  • Forum posts: 50

Dec 28, 2013, 12:05:26 AM via App

4.4 have bug in nexus 7 2012. after i update the 4.4.2 solve all the problem except one...ghost but quite less. keep it up google. by the way, where i can put suggestion to google such as any option to disable home screen. reason is to free more memory and just use bsckground only.

John
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 28, 2013, 11:05:59 AM via App

At the moment there is a fundamental problem with 4.4.2 on
the nexus 4 in that the Bluetooth function doesn't work as it should. Lots of us have found that BT switches itself of after about 20 minutes if the Wi fi is also on. The only way to restore it is a power off reboot. This has been going on right across the Christmas break and so far Google has not found an answer. It's is not just me- take a look at Googles nexus forum. Right now if I could I would revert my nexus to 4.3

Michael D Stewart
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 27, 2014, 9:09:14 PM via App

LG g2 user and still waiting!