- Forum posts: 877
Aug 12, 2013, 4:08:11 PM via Website
Aug 12, 2013 4:08:11 PM via Website
Warning: Neither AndroidPIT nor I will take any responsibility for damages. Please make sure you follow all the rules carefully without skipping any steps otherwise you could brick your phone.
- Ensure that your phone has been charged to at least 70%.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Do this by going through all apps → Settings → Manage Applications → Development → USB Debugging → check box.
- Backup your phone data.
- Install the US drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G. Either Samsung USB Drivers or Samsung Kies.
- Before proceeding your phone must be rooted and CWM Recovery should be installed.
Download the following files to install Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100G
How to install Custom ROM for your Galaxy S2 I9100G
- Copy both downloaded files to your external SD card.
- Turn off your phone and boot it up again in Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power Button simultaneously. Once you are in recovery mode, use the volumes keys to move up and down and press the Power button when you want to select.
- Next, you'll need to do a full data wipe of your phone by selecting ''wipe data/factory reset'' and ''wipe cache partition'' and then go to ''advanced options in CWM Recovery'' from there select ''wipe Dalvik Cache''.
- In the main menu, select ''install zip from SD card'', then choose ''CyanogenMod 10.1 for Galaxy S2 I9100G'' that you had downloaded and moved to your SD card. Then choose yes to confirm. It will take about 3 to 5 minutes to install the ROM so wait until it is done.
- Do the steps described again one more time but this time choose ''Google Apps'' instead of ROM zip file (called Custom ROM for Galaxy s2 I1900G).
- Finally, go back to your main menu and choose ''reboot system'', which will take about 10 to 15 minutes (this is why you should charge your phone beforehand). During this time, it will also initialize all the services and apps because this is the first time you have started the phone after having installed CyanogenMod 10.1 for Galaxy S2 I9100G. Wait until the process is complete, don't rush it or press any other buttons.
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! Important to all community members: please read before posting