Installing google play store in Pro Stealth tablet

• Replies:7
Kellie Bennitt
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 24, 2013, 9:39:33 AM via Website

I am having a real hard time trying to figure out how to install google play store in my table. does anyone know where i can go that would have a step by step video on how to do this. I have tried Youtube with no luck. thank you

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 110

Jul 24, 2013, 10:24:43 AM via Website

Hi Kellie

I think that Pro Stealth tablets have to be rooted for them to be able to use the Play Store. You could download the Amazon App Store APK and use that, its just a good...

Open this link on your tablet and download the APK

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android/ref=mas_rw_ldg

What Pro Stealth Tablet do you have? I could see if I can find a root tutorial for you so you can install the play store

— modified on Jul 24, 2013, 3:35:16 PM

venki venkatesh
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 1:20:49 PM via Website

just go to customer care outlet :P :grin:

— modified on Jul 24, 2013, 1:21:35 PM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 26, 2013, 3:15:54 PM via Website

Hi Kellie, we just had another forum user mention they have a Stealth tablet, perhaps you guys can help each other out with the cool things you find? The other thread is here. He is also considering rooting his device.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Ron Heron

Jul 26, 2013, 10:51:17 PM via Website

Early this year bought a Trio Stealth Pro 7" tablet, (Mach Speed Technologies) came with it's own version of an Apps store that did not get all the Google Play apps.

I installed Google Play by following instructions I found (search Google for: "Install Android Market on Coby Kyros MID7012" (sorry as this is my first posting I cannot post a link for you). goo.gl -> am0liK

I downloaded the Apps/drivers pointed to from this page & watched/followed (VERY CAREFULLY) the youtube video. No rooting required.

I was very concerned because this reference is for a different tablet, running Android 2 version, and the Trio is a JellyBean device but it all worked. I must admit I had to do a factory reset once or twice as I had some mis-steps on my first attempts.

Do a lot of research, there are a lot of video's out there that show very similar install steps and techniques.

Good Luck. Ron

Mario Torres

Brian Hughes

Sep 10, 2013, 11:33:27 PM via Website

Thank you Ron Heron!

I followed your search, and chose the following link (sorry, as another new user here, I can't post the link either):

nwteche.com/red7_blog/install-android-market-on-coby-kyros-mid7012-or-most-other-tablets-running-android-2-3-3/comment-page-23/#comment-1977

The instructions given there are very clear, and they worked, even though the third .apk (GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk) would not install, giving me the error message that there was another version with a different signature already installed. I went ahead and ran the fourth (and last) .apk anyway, restarted, chose my launcher (I use ADW, not the default launcher – all three choices were present so I picked the launcher I use), and voila, I now have the Market installed on my tablet!

By the way, I am also using the Trio Stealth Pro Metal 7", but it's running 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, non-rooted, and the instructions at the above link still worked.

Mz. SuZi Q

Jan 7, 2014, 6:50:33 AM via Website

Hi Georg
I was also looking for a way to download the google play store on my trio 9.7" stealth pro tablet & I just have to say a few things on the subject. First of all Amazon is NOWHERE near "as good" as the google playstore!! Not even close! Also even if you find apps that you already have & wish to transfer them to your trio ALOT of the app developers have told me that even if you have google apps installed on another Android device they can't cross platform between the google playstore & Amazon :/ I haven't tried the method the person down below mentioned but you're right about the apk files. I have found it helpful to get an apk Installer & try to download apps that I want directly from the developers website. Good luck to all of US yikes!! :-[

Georg Seebode]Hi Kellie

I think that Pro Stealth tablets have to be rooted for them to be able to use the Play Store. You could download the Amazon App Store APK and use that, its just a good...

Open this link on your tablet and download the APK

What Pro Stealth Tablet do you have? I could see if I can find a root tutorial for you so you can install the play store[/quote]

awiz padd

Jul 21, 2014, 5:09:48 AM via Website

Stealth pro 4.0.4