RE: 95% of sold android phones are Samsung phones

• Replies:8
Webb Jolin
  • Forum posts: 18

May 16, 2013, 11:05:54 AM via Website

How about HTC and LG android smartphone?

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

May 17, 2013, 9:02:52 AM via Website

Don't know why I am feeling like there would be some mistake while generating this report. 95% of profit from android phones in Q1 to Samsung.
People love Nexus phones, HTC has great offerings, there is a nice range of Xperia phones, and lot of other manufacturers are there too. I just can't believe that all these brands only got 5% profit share.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Webb Jolin

Webb Jolin

May 26, 2013, 12:21:31 PM via Website

Samsung make a big success with its android phone, such as the samsung galaxy s3, s4.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

May 26, 2013, 12:37:18 PM via Website

Personally I wouldn't purchase a Samsung device. I've owned four android phones, and on each occasion I've tested at least three options before deciding on one. The Galaxy S was not bad, probably the last really good Samsung. The Galaxy Nexus was ok, but a bit underwhelming for a Nexus device. The S2 and S3 are pretty shoddily made, and rely more on gimmicky features than usability. I recently tried the HTC One against the Galaxy S4 and while both aren't perfect the One is of infinitely better quality than the S4, while the 'features' of the S4 lose appeal after a week of usage. Generally, the truth is Samsung have a much better marketing department.

Sinkster

g-telware
  • Forum posts: 48

Jun 4, 2013, 10:56:49 AM via Website

tohapply green
This is really a incredible news.
Samsung captured a staggering 95 percent of the $5.3 billion in Android smartphone profits in the first quarter of 2013,
according to a new report from Strategy Analytics.
I remember saw the news somewhere that said Android owns 70.1% of smartphone market share. Then It now we can conclude that Samsung own more than 66.5% of smartphone market share.

Where is saw these news, Will you please mention the links ??

Webb Jolin

Jun 7, 2013, 11:18:20 AM via Website

g-telware
tohapply green
This is really a incredible news.
Samsung captured a staggering 95 percent of the $5.3 billion in Android smartphone profits in the first quarter of 2013,
according to a new report from Strategy Analytics.
I remember saw the news somewhere that said Android owns 70.1% of smartphone market share. Then It now we can conclude that Samsung own more than 66.5% of smartphone market share.

Where is saw these news, Will you please mention the links ??

Yeah, I have the same question.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 110

Jun 12, 2013, 2:52:46 PM via Website

The numbers that I saw for the first Quarter of 2013 were as follows:

Samsung: 64,7 Millions Units, 30,8% (global market share)
Apple: 38,2 Million Units , 18,2%
LG: 10 Million Units, 4,8%
Huawei: 9,3 Million Units, 4,4%
ZTE: 7,8 Million Units, 3,8%
Others: 79,6 Million Units, 37,9%

So this 95% market share from samsung is a complete lie. Heres a link with the source - all numbers come from Gartner, a reliable source in the industry.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/14/android-nearly-75-of-all-smartphones-shipped-in-q1-samsung-tops-30-mobile-sales-overall-nearly-flat-says-gartner/

spacedotworks
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 14, 2013, 3:56:17 PM via Website

It probably varies very significantly from country to country. Over here in Japan, Samsung phones don't have that strong a foothold.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 110

Jun 14, 2013, 5:18:22 PM via Website

yeah it does vary from country to country - but I think we were talking about global sales.

Kind of like with search engines - while google has a global market share of 65%, it only has a 14% share in China, but a 92% market share in Germany