Is google play woriking ?

• Replies:17
Aeonnn
  • Forum posts: 7

May 24, 2012, 6:55:15 PM via Website

Hey to all users.

I have question about google play ? ... I put my app on the site but since google is having trouble i cant get anyone to donwload it or what ? and how much time will be like this... ? any Idea what is happening with google play ? :)

Ty to all..

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

May 25, 2012, 4:44:48 AM via Website

What is the name of your app? What happens when people try to download it? Can you bring the app up on the google play website? A tip: to link to your app on the google play website add your package name to this url: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=<package_name> or to bring up all the apps for your developer account enter: http://play.google.com/store/search?q=pub:<publisher_name> Can you bring up the apps page with these? If not there may be some trouble with your listing on the developer console. See http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/publishing.html for more info.

Aeonnn

May 25, 2012, 12:31:01 PM via Website

Hello.
I tried to download my app and i get an error. Google play has stopped working! ( The application Google play Store( process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly )
I dont know what is wrong but i think that google has big troubles.
So nobody can download it ??

Ndot India
  • Forum posts: 24

May 25, 2012, 1:04:29 PM via Website

Recently I uploaded a very famous business app called Appshikra(Business app) in the Google store. I have more visitors to this app to my website and bcz of this I have lot clients too. But none of them has downloaded the app in the store. At last I came to know the reason for this. This is the URL of my app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.ndot.business.activity&feature=search_result.

Android Application Development

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 25, 2012, 1:27:33 PM via Website

Ndot India
Recently I uploaded a very famous business app called Appshikra(Business app) in the Google store. I have more visitors to this app to my website and bcz of this I have lot clients too. But none of them has downloaded the app in the store. At last I came to know the reason for this. This is the URL of my app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.ndot.business.activity&feature=search_result.

Android Application Development

What was the reason you said you figured out?

Jeremiah

May 26, 2012, 8:40:49 AM via App

Can you post a link to your app so we can try it? It may just be a problem with your phone or play app.

Jeremiah

May 27, 2012, 4:09:10 AM via App

Sorry I didnt know it was a paid app. Do you have a free version?

Aeonnn

May 27, 2012, 3:02:07 PM via Website

Its ok.
No i dont have it.
Only this .:)

Doy you have any clue what is wrong ?

Jeremiah

May 28, 2012, 5:40:17 AM via App

Google play wont let you download paid apps if your using the same account to buy the app as your developer account. They wont let you buy your own apps. Why other people would have a problem I don't know.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jun 6, 2012, 1:55:58 PM via Website

Jeremiah
Google play wont let you download paid apps if your using the same account to buy the app as your developer account. They wont let you buy your own apps. Why other people would have a problem I don't know.

Ahhhhh! I never knew that! Damn..I learn something new everyday working here :)

Thanks bud!

Daniel Rogers
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 8:17:04 PM via Website

Oh man ))) I hope you at least understand why you cannont buy yur own app from your apps account)) I've already seen guys who tried)) It' was so fun cuz they wanted to get to the top in market doing this.

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 14, 2012, 1:22:04 PM via App

I also sometimes run into google play problems. What I do is go to settings --> Applications --> Google Play then clear app data and force stop then reboot. Usually clears up my google play downloadong issues.

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 14, 2012, 1:24:45 PM via App

Eric McBride
Jeremiah

Thanks bud!

They don't want devs skewing their search data popular apps and recommendations.

— modified on Oct 14, 2012, 1:25:51 PM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Oct 15, 2012, 10:09:07 AM via Website

Wow, amazing that Google Play actually put thought into something. :rolleyes:

Maxn Eiffel
  • Forum posts: 12

Oct 22, 2012, 10:04:55 AM via Website

Give us your app name..i will find better path for it

Android k
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 27, 2012, 9:16:08 AM via Website

Just placing your app on the GooglePlay will not help you to increase your downloads. You need to have a solid marketing strategy for the promotion of your app. You should start promoting your apps to various online marketing platforms.

ISA Nexus
  • Forum posts: 21

Dec 27, 2012, 8:25:22 PM via Website

Patrick R.
Eric McBride
Jeremiah

Thanks bud!

They don't want devs skewing their search data popular apps and recommendations.

hahahaha