htc cha cha....keeps rebooting

• Replies:14
Janine Massocchi
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 9:54:13 PM via Website

My daughters phone will not fully turn on.
We turn it on then it stays on the 1st screnn (htc quietly brilliantly) or whatever it says and re-boots itself over & over & over
until we have to take the back off to take battery out to turn off, as it wont turn off manually.
Is anybody able to put some light on this subject please or am I going to have to take it into the shop
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this

Samson

Feb 15, 2012, 11:27:28 AM via Website

same problem here

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Feb 15, 2012, 1:17:31 PM via Website

If the phone has been like that since the moment you bought it, it's definitely a hardware problem. Return it for another unit. But if you or your daughter has been installing custom ROMs or rooting the device, that's a whole 'nother ballgame.

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Feb 15, 2012, 2:13:09 PM via Website

Sadly,

I have to agree. If it was never stable you may have received a lemon... If was once stable and has recently become unstable, we will need to a couple of things to find out what it is.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 15, 2012, 3:16:58 PM via Website

Wait though guys...that problem sounds familiar. Did you buy the phone from a store, or was it rooted and bought from someone else? What you have is a boot loop, and you might have luck if you can get to the recovery screen and from there factory reset (full wipe) and then wipe cache. After doing that try rebooting.

Does anyone know how to boot into stock recovery on the Cha Cha? Ive unfortunately never used the device.

— modified on Feb 15, 2012, 3:17:29 PM

Christopher Silva

Feb 20, 2012, 9:54:50 AM via Website

Right, I thought it was purchased new... If it was previously rooted- it is in a boot-loop. Then it is easy to fix just put the battery in and boot holding down volume down and the power button. this should take you into the boot loader wher you can do a full wipe and factory reset. Presto - boot loop gone and your'e ready to enjoy your Chachacha.. Dance a little too :-)

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-i-hard-reset-my-android-avail-smartphone
To do a hard reset on the Android , turn the phone on while holding home and back. Follow on screen prompt. Thanks for using ChaCha!

Sanam Ramay

Eric McBride

Feb 20, 2012, 2:08:46 PM via Website

Any news Janine?

Christopher Silva

Mar 2, 2012, 11:45:43 PM via Website

Hello Janine? -- And?

Eric McBride

Mar 5, 2012, 2:26:42 PM via Website

Hopefully her enjoying her freshly rebooted phone is whats keeping her from responding :)

Jack Ho

Apr 8, 2012, 12:37:43 PM via Website

Hey guys I have been having my phone keep rebooting so I have come to seek some help! The phone was like this since I first bought it, so I kept pushing for a fix from my dealer and it was a long battle. Then I got it back and it has been fine for the past 3 months. And suddenly yesterday night this nightmare has begun again. Sometimes I just try to swipe and it will restart, sometimes it hasn't even finish loading it restarts again. Please help! Desperate!

simon hanks

Apr 10, 2012, 9:38:26 PM via Website

thanks for the tip guys. the reboot using power button and volume down worked a treat. i've ended up with more free ram than before and my apps downloaded automatically. cheers!

— modified on Apr 10, 2012, 9:38:51 PM

Eric McBride

Apr 12, 2012, 5:05:30 PM via Website

Glad to hear its working for you Simon!

@Jack - So it happens if your just using the phone normally that it suddenly goes into this bootloop correct?

Sanam Ramay

Feb 23, 2013, 7:50:49 PM via Website

thank dear, saving my ph from inexperienced tool man

Mchris73

Apr 17, 2014, 11:34:09 PM via Website

thank you so much for your help. i thought my phone was a goner. now i'm so happy again. i can take pics & post to fb instantly.

Zaid

Jul 27, 2014, 12:18:41 PM via Website

hi .. i have the same problem with ( Janine Massocchi ) .. but even when i tried the hard reset steps .. it works just for sec and dimmed again ..Is anybody able to help me this problem ??
thank you guys >>