Rooting Samsung Replenish?

• Replies:18
Ben Dreyfuss
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 22, 2011, 3:05:34 PM via Website

I am looking to root or unlock samsung Replenish. Anyone know how?

— modified on Dec 2, 2011, 10:59:55 AM by moderator

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 22, 2011, 3:12:51 PM via Website

Have you tried Gingersnap? Also if you want to unlock Samsung Galaxy S2 week have a good guide for it.

— modified on Dec 2, 2011, 11:01:12 AM by moderator

Matthew Bryant
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 2, 2011, 6:33:40 PM via Website

You can use the same rooting technique for the Samsung Galaxy Prevail for Boost Mobile. Its called KMS, and its a one click procedure. Please make sure you have USB Debugging enabled in Settings/Applications/Development. The download link is here:

http://www.holylivingfuck.com/Crap/Prevail/KMS.zip

Unzip, hook up your Replenish, and click on 'PrevailToExistence'. It worked on my wife's Replenish.

I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If this has helped you in any way, then please consider donating so I can feed my kids, and wife. :)

— modified on Jul 2, 2011, 6:34:11 PM

Scott Talhelm

Jan 17, 2012, 5:52:37 PM via Website

Thanks for this, and it worked until my wife updated her phone to 2.3.6.
Can you revise this to work with 2.3.6?

Thanks,
Scott

Bryan Deffinger
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 18, 2012, 2:52:47 PM via Website

I am having the same problem...I have updated my phone and the root is not working.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 19, 2012, 10:18:59 AM via Website

Was it an over the air update? Because OTA updates almost always remove a root... have you tried the listed root method for the Samsung Replenish?

Bryan Deffinger

Jan 19, 2012, 6:24:32 PM via Website

Yes I have tried that root after the update.

Leviathan
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 8, 2012, 10:33:49 PM via Website

Ok, question. this worked on the intercept (tried it myself. PERFECT!), but can you use SWUpdate.exe to install a rooted kernel from the binary folder in the Samsung electronics/model folder? just kernel for now. ill get to the custom roms later. i got slapkernel to install onto the intercept while it was in download mode, because obviously Samsung update software is going to have total root access, so no worries about a block. just curious. and if this is possible, can someone point me to a stock kernel that merely has the root access added to it? no flashy ones that wont necessarily be compatible with the replenish's stock ROM. and yes, i have Googled, but i assumed people here might know about what's best more than a search result. thanks!

Leviathan

Mar 12, 2012, 8:20:48 AM via Website

:( i cant even find a kernel im willing to flash...

Leviathan

Mar 13, 2012, 1:28:55 PM via Website

if youre at 2.3.6, the kms rooting method is dead. ive done everything i could find on it and none of it works...

heres a rundown of what i did
1. tried the kms. didnt work. moved on to many other attempts
2. heard of a way that kms may work even if it didnt before
3. plugged phone to comp and tried to reboot (it turned off and wouldnt turn on til i took off usb)
4. unplugged and replugged as it started to boot. ran kms as soon as i could. it rebooted and still didnt work
5. attempted with diff timing and a bunch of other lil tweaks to the process. it refused to work. i cant seem to make it work........

update: i found out by the use of "adb devices" that it doesnt turn off when its plugged into usb, it just goes into some kind of deep hibernation, where it ignores all buttons, but the adb shell is still active (im assuming)

update: adb shell just sits there without responding. no $ or # appears, so i dont think that'll be much help....

update: the phone only registers sometimes when i turn it off and use adb devices. i am not sure if it is because adb fails to receive a termination signal or what. if so, it makes sense that it would freeze and wait for an answer upon "adb shell"....

— modified on Mar 13, 2012, 8:27:51 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 13, 2012, 5:09:24 PM via Website

Hmm..if its a Samsung device, surely theres a way to achieve root using Odin right and root executable right? I mean, most samsung devices can be rooted with root.exe tool and use Odin to flash CWM recovery. Is it not the case with this device?

— modified on Mar 13, 2012, 5:09:43 PM

Leviathan

Mar 13, 2012, 8:15:44 PM via Website

none of the one click solutions work. but dont worry. i solved the problem. i had to use a mixture of odin, clockworkmod, and adb to root it, but the result is a stock rom gingerbread 2.3.6 replenish that is practically untouched. the su file is all that are added, clockworkmod doesnt even have to be permanent if you dont want. its pretty beast. lol. took me hours to polish because each time i restarted, it wiped the superuser file, even tho it didnt touch anything else. you just have to go install superuser and busybox off the market (unless they disappear, the most updated ones'll be on the market, and ill upload the latest version that i got from market if they do.) ill soon be posting a link to a guide, if i can get permission to use part of someone elses guide that, while useless for 2.3.6 on its own, is the beginning part of how i rooted it.

— modified on Mar 13, 2012, 8:26:46 PM

Eric McBride

Mar 14, 2012, 11:09:23 PM via Website

Odin is your friend if your a Samsung owner :) Nice working on figuring it out.

Elizabeth Davidson

Mar 26, 2012, 5:01:03 PM via Website

Hi, I see you somehow solved your Replenish rooting problem, and I, being not quite able to understand what you were saying or how to go about understanding what you're saying, would really appreciate some further instruction. I know you understand my frustration with my phone and I hope you could take pity on me and help me!

Bryan Deffinger

May 26, 2012, 8:12:29 PM via Website

I am with Elizabeth...Do we have the new method yet and a Walkthrough?

Eric McBride

Jun 6, 2012, 2:11:41 PM via Website

Leviathan
none of the one click solutions work. but dont worry. i solved the problem. i had to use a mixture of odin, clockworkmod, and adb to root it, but the result is a stock rom gingerbread 2.3.6 replenish that is practically untouched. the su file is all that are added, clockworkmod doesnt even have to be permanent if you dont want. its pretty beast. lol. took me hours to polish because each time i restarted, it wiped the superuser file, even tho it didnt touch anything else. you just have to go install superuser and busybox off the market (unless they disappear, the most updated ones'll be on the market, and ill upload the latest version that i got from market if they do.) ill soon be posting a link to a guide, if i can get permission to use part of someone elses guide that, while useless for 2.3.6 on its own, is the beginning part of how i rooted it.

Anyway you could post a walkthrough or a video of how you did it for Elizabeth and Bryan?

Leviathan

Aug 2, 2012, 1:07:30 AM via Website

Hey, if you go to xda developers or android central, i have a guide on both of how you can root the phones. It's through a very weird workaround, but it's the only known way to root them as of right now. Some people have posted that it didn't work for them, but I've mostly fixed that. Here are the links:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1545112
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-replenish/161476-my-root-guide-stock-2-3-6-replenish.html

acey deucey

Oct 9, 2012, 8:45:22 PM via Website

it says "killing me softly is missing" which it isnt. i see it right above prevailtoexistence. however the dialogue box doesnt see it and therefore will not root smh. nothing works for this friggin phone