Moving apps to sd card

• Replies:9
Adam
  • Forum posts: 3

May 25, 2011, 4:40:20 PM via App

Hiya, my phone is getting a lil slow so I tried moving some of my games n apps to my sd card which should make it faster, is that correct?

when I go to my application manager it says the game is 19mb, but in the 'my files' folder it says its more like 600mb I'm confused can I move it all over to my sd card?
Thanks alot :)

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

May 25, 2011, 6:32:23 PM via Website

You can only move apps to the SD card if it says under the program that you can move it to the SD card. Some apps can only be stored to the phone.

If it says you can do it, I'd go ahead and give it a try. Usually games are movable, and it could indeed enhance speed. I'm not sure why it gives you two different responses for the app size...maybe the "my files" folder includes more game data?

Best,
s

Andy N.
  • Forum posts: 22,375

May 25, 2011, 11:29:42 PM via App

Hi,

on rooted phones it is possible to move close to all apps to SD. I'm using Link2SD on my X10.

What I don't understand is that 600MB, which came with your game. Usually these files are installed on SD, not on the phone.

Viele Grüße,
Andy

OnePlus 3 (Resurrection Remix 5.8.2)
LG G Watch

Regeln | unsere Mods & Admins

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

May 26, 2011, 10:21:50 AM via Website

Hi Andy,

After you've rooted your phone, which app should you use to move apps to the SD card? App2SD? Or are they all magically movable after rooting?

-s

Andy N.
  • Forum posts: 22,375

May 27, 2011, 12:24:14 AM via App

Hi,
to move my apps I'm using the app Link2SD: https://www.nextpit.de/de/android/market/apps/app/com.buak.Link2SD/Link2SD

Requirements:
Android 1.6+ with root
second partition on SD card

I used partition wizard (http://www.partitionwizard.com) to make a 2GB partition (Fat32) on my 16 GB card. Dont try it with your phone connected to your computer. You have to use a card reader. Via phone the computer can see the first partition only, with sd card reader, the computer sees the whole card and you can create the new partition, which must be behind the first one.

Viele Grüße,
Andy

OnePlus 3 (Resurrection Remix 5.8.2)
LG G Watch

Regeln | unsere Mods & Admins

Adam
  • Forum posts: 3

May 27, 2011, 11:37:53 AM via App

Im guessing my 'my files' folder has got just more game data on it wish I could move it ask over, owell thanks for the replies :)

sanket nayak
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 9:30:11 AM via Website

hi andy ,
i have downloaded app2sd ,
but in the movable option , it shows that there are no apps that can be moved .
wat do i do now ?
i want to move all the applications to my sd card !
plz help :(

ELLim

Dec 22, 2011, 3:41:31 PM via Website

sanket nayak
hi andy ,
i have downloaded app2sd ,
but in the movable option , it shows that there are no apps that can be moved .
wat do i do now ?
i want to move all the applications to my sd card !
plz help :(

I also face the same problem.
Any assitant that how i can move the app to SD Card??
Thank You

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 28, 2011, 11:43:28 AM via Website

If you want to move Android apps to your SD card try using a super toolbox it's the best app out there to help you maintain your phone and it's free. Give it a try.

Drew Achong

Jan 24, 2012, 4:00:44 AM via Website

I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere else, but since I'm following this thread, I'll go ahead and ask:

How do you root your phone, and what are the implications of doing so?