After Updating to 2.1 ~ Instead of "Android Market" icon - "Slide SAM 4.0" icon appeared

• Replies:9
Vishnu R
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 25, 2010, 1:23:26 PM via Website

Hi All,

Just 4 hours ago I have successfully updated the Software of my X10 mini pro from 1.6 to 2.1. Now I am noticing that Instead of "Android Market" icon I got "Slide SAM 4.0" icon ???

I recently purchased the mobile from US and I am in india and updated here in India.

Can anybody plz help me out in this????

Thanks in advance.

— modified on Nov 25, 2010, 2:40:42 PM

Vishnu R
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 26, 2010, 7:11:00 AM via Website

I used Sony Ericsson Update Service only....... no third party softwares on my new sony ericsson phone!

Do you have any idea why i got Slide SAM 4.0 ?????? now my firmware is 2.1

— modified on Dec 15, 2011, 12:55:23 PM by moderator

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 26, 2010, 1:13:03 PM via Website

I'm not sure what that app is. Have you checked out what the app does? Is it another app market, or something else? Have you gone into your app list, and made absolutely sure that the Android Market is no longer installed on your phone?

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Nov 27, 2010, 1:02:27 AM via Website

Slide Sam 4.0 is slideme.org's market app. It seems whatever new version he has updated to has replaced the android market with the slideMe.org's market? Could this be because he is in India, would the sony update service give him a different rom because of his location?

Douglas Carter

Nov 29, 2010, 10:21:36 AM via Website

The thing is, I googled Slide SAM and my first two complaints I received were from Vishnu. If anyone else is having this problem (I would assume so, there are a lot of cellphone users in India), then I would've thought that someone would have heard another complaint by now. I am stumped honestly. I haven't heard of a case where a telecom completely removed the Android Market app from their phone.

ACMILAN740
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 10:15:49 AM via Website

Hi guys,

the same happened to me. I just got the phone 5days ago, updated it 2 days ago ....checked my phone and there it was (the same thing...slide me!!!).
should we take it back?

Douglas Carter

Nov 30, 2010, 2:06:42 PM via Website

I'm thinking about what you guys should do. I haven't heard of this happening before, and I'm not sure what you should do. You may have two better options:

1. Install a hacked version of the Android market.

2. Root your phone and install a ROM that works on the phone with a correctly working Android Market.

laky
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 22, 2011, 2:50:29 PM via App

Vishnu R
Hi All,

Just 4 hours ago I have successfully updated the Software of my X10 mini pro from 1.6 to 2.1. Now I am noticing that Instead of "Android Market" icon I got "Slide SAM 4.0" icon ???

I recently purchased the mobile from US and I am in india and updated here in India.

Can anybody plz help me out in this????

Thanks in advance.

Douglas Carter

Feb 22, 2011, 4:10:40 PM via Website

Have you guys tried contacting your phone company and asking them why they are doing this? This is most likely a result of their decision, and not SE's.