WhatsApp showing me online though I am not

• Replies:4
buba
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 12, 2022, 6:47:05 PM via Website

Looks like there is some glitch in iPhone+WhatsApp (or) possibly in Vevo+WhatsApp. Though my phone is completely switched off, my wife could find me online on WhatsApp (intermittently). Also, there are no other instances or sessions of my WhatsApp open on any other devices. Please let me know if there is any known issue as my wife is accusing me of not responding to her despite being online (while actually my phone is switched off). This turned out to a serious heated conversation and she left the house by accusing me of lying and not responding to her in WhatsApp.. :( :( :(

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Nov 13, 2022, 1:29:29 PM via Website

Did you use WhatsApp Web in a browser? It lets you access your WhatsApp messages from your PC.
WhatsApp Web will keep your online status active even if you close the mobile app on your phone.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Gavra Meads
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 14, 2022, 2:36:44 PM via Website

The same thing happens with me but with other apps. My friends keep messaging me during the night saying that I'm online most of the time, then in fact I'm not.

Helpful?
Anna Faal
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 8, 2023, 4:03:44 AM via Website

WhatsApp may display you as online even if you're not actively using the app due to several reasons:

Background Processes: WhatsApp often runs background processes for notifications, synchronization, and updates. These processes can sometimes trigger the online status, even if you haven't opened the app.

Connection Stability: If your internet connection is unstable or frequently drops, WhatsApp might momentarily show you as online when your device reconnects.

Delay in Updating Status: There could be a delay in updating your online status. WhatsApp might continue showing you as online for a short period even after you've closed the app.

Web/Desktop Version: If you're using WhatsApp Web or the desktop version on a computer, it can sometimes cause your online status to appear even when you're not actively using your phone.

Bug or Glitch: Technical glitches or bugs in the app's code could also cause incorrect online status updates.

In most cases, these occurrences are temporary and should not be a cause for concern. If the issue persists or you notice unusual behavior, consider restarting the app, checking your internet connection, or contacting WhatsApp support for assistance.

Helpful?
Mintir
  • Forum posts: 10

Sep 25, 2023, 11:27:03 AM via Website

Please note that these steps are general suggestions and may not address all potential issues. It's also important to communicate with your wife and explain the situation honestly, as technical glitches can sometimes lead to misunderstandings.

Helpful?