Restoring whatsapp messages to a new device

• Replies:1
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 11, 2021, 12:03:31 PM via Website

Hello,
I seem to be having issues restoring my old messages to my new google pixel phone. Correct file has been put into Whatsapp database folder but upon loading whatsapp after installing it the option that pops up seems to be defaulting to the Google Drive Backup option rather than the Local Backup option. There does not seem to be an option for you to disable the pop or select the local backup?
I have on a couple of occasions tried to click the 'Give Permission' button and quickly click the restore button but this has failed - Having read online why a restore might not work i saw that that this could be due to the size of the file. I really do need to transfer theses messages to the new phone as work related so would appreciated any suggestions or ideas that people have? I have come across a couple of programs you can download which you pay for.
Thanks

xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Dec 20, 2021, 3:51:58 AM via Website

Hi, can you transfer whatsapp messages from your old phone to the new google pixel phone via Google Drive as below:
1. Launch WhatsApp on your old Android phone and tap the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Select Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Tap Back up to Google Drive > Choose a backup frequency from Daily, Weekly and Monthly to let WhatsApp automatically back up chats to Google Drive.
3. Install WhatsApp on your new Android phone and verify the same phone number that you have used to back up WhatsApp. Tap Restore when a pup-up message asks you to restore WhatsApp backup file. After the restoration process is over, click Next. Then the app will begin to initialize, after it finishes, you will see all chats displayed on the screen.
You can also ask for help from other tools. About the details, you can check this article: How to Transfer WhatsApp to New Phone Hope this will be your help.

— modified on Dec 20, 2021, 3:52:36 AM

Helpful?