TWRP Recovery: How to Create a Nandroid Backup

• Replies:1
Dilshara jinasena
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 30, 2021, 8:42:56 AM via Website

Hello there, I had been on the save side for two years, with my TWRP, making a backup after every change on the 12+, and now I had to recover it...
TWRP 3.3.1.0 on 1.68.401.6 runs a restore without errors, but the restart ends in a bootloop.
So I flashed 1.53.401.5, tried to fastboot boot twrp.3.2.3.3, and restored my backup -> bootloop. I flashed 1.53.401.5 again, made a backup of that fresh system with booted TWRP, and tested the restore, which results in the same bootloop.
I must say that the twrp versions are correct for the used SW versions. The decryption process is complete.
Where is my brain's blind spot?

Ishu Fernando
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 30, 2021, 9:23:39 AM via Website

Follow the steps below to create nandroid backup through TWRP recovery.

1. start your device booting to TWRP recovery. You can use the hardware combination or else, use the below mentioned ADB commands.

2. For the second option, You have to open the command prompt window in the flatform tool folder(it is one of Android SDK and flatform tools.) Next, need a connection to your device to PC through USB. (USB debugging should be enabled) Then, Give following orders.

• adb
    • reboot
    • recovery

3.Tap the Backup option( inside the TWRP recovery)

1. Next, You have to choose the partitions for backing up. We advise you to select all the partitions within there. There may be a full amount of data partition, However, it contains all the system data and apps installed earlier. it is better to select that too.

2. If you select Internal storage, by default, You can change the backup location. Tap the select storage, If you need a change and select Micro SD card or USB OTG. (only if supported)

3. Yoy may have an idea to change the name of the backup. There is an Auto-generate keyword just right below the name field. tap it and enter the name you wish.

4. Swipe to right, on the swipe to backup option at the bottom, after selecting all the partitions. As a fact, a little time patience needs now. However, The time decides according to your partition’s size. As the data partition time consuming is much, the backup procedure runs for quite a lot of time.

5. Thereafter, you will see the message like this.

Now is the time for you to boot the device so that it will generate the system.

It is better to keep a copy of this backup on a pen drive or an SD card for future needs. Therefore, You must have a USB OTG cable to perform this. The reason is, if the device ends up in a boot loop or get bricks, it will be a difficult matter to access internal storage, due to the backup.

Then if you want to restore the backup follow the steps below

Now is the time for you to check out the steps to restore these Nandroid Backups via TWRP recovery as the backup process is completed.

1. Off, boot your device to TWRP first. It should be done throught hardware key compound. Otherwise, select fastboot mode. Then bring about the fastboot option by using the volume key. Then, the power key to confirm the selection.

2. Tap on Restore, Inside the TWRP recovery (Website to refer: gogorapid). Choose your favourite Backup under Select Package to Restore. If you have store the backup in SD card or USB,tap on select storage and go to the relevant storage.

3. Now, you will have a confirmation stating that you have selected all the partitions to restore. Once finished, right swipe on the Swipe to Restore option and wait for some minutes.

4. It takes some time to restore the Nandroid via TWRP recovery. When finished, you can boot your device back and it will generate the system.

— modified on Sep 30, 2021, 9:28:54 AM

Helpful?