how to recover deleted files after factory reset?

• Replies:29
darkblu32
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 10, 2020, 9:07:57 AM via Website

I factory reset my Samsung device and it had wiped out all of my files and photos in my device. Can my files still be recovered?

Kassia
  • Forum posts: 14

Jul 10, 2020, 9:13:19 AM via Website

Hello, do you have any backup?

Helpful?
KKkyra

Jul 10, 2020, 9:14:09 AM via Website

Yes, the files can be recovered as long as the data has not been overwritten. I suggest you try Android recovery tools to recover your Samsung after factory reset.

Helpful?
george441darkblu32
darkblu32
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 10, 2020, 9:16:37 AM via Website

Thanks so much, I will give it a try!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jul 10, 2020, 9:26:00 AM via Website

I think it can

Helpful?
priyankaarya
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 13, 2020, 7:39:59 AM via Website

Hey

I would say that try a professional solution so that your data will be in safe hand and you will easily recover deleted files.

Helpful?
Cora
  • Forum posts: 46

Jul 13, 2020, 12:35:04 PM via Website

You can recover most(not all file), but you have to not use the computer for anything until you run a rfile recovery program from another computer using your reset drive as an external hard drive. A factory reset doesn't wipe data from your drive, it simply marks it as open space, so your computer can reuse the file space, hence the reason why you can't use your computer until you run the software.

Helpful?
Max Field
  • Forum posts: 32

Jul 13, 2020, 3:26:05 PM via Website

Hi darkblu,

If you have used Samsung Smart Switch or Samsung Cloud to backup your Samsung device, then you can restore the files from the backup.

On the other hand, If you have uploaded photos, videos or documents files to Google Drive, then you can restore your files from there as well.

Helpful?
Azeddine_Achten
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 16, 2020, 6:39:25 AM via Website

Thanks for share

Helpful?
marthaneilson

Jul 16, 2020, 4:44:26 PM via Website

I would state that attempt an expert arrangement with the goal that your information will be in safe hand and you will effortlessly recoup erased documents.

Helpful?
adambtolbert
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 22, 2020, 12:54:24 PM via Website

Hello,
I assumed probably you should have a backup of your data. If you synchronized your phone to your Google account then you can retrieve data from google drive using your login credentials. In case you don’t have backup and you ever stored your data in sd card, pc or any other storage drives then you may try any free utility programs like Recuva, stellar data recovery free edition, testdisk, etc. It may help you a lot to resolve your problem. Thanks.

Helpful?
mariaalopez
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 24, 2020, 8:36:09 AM via Website

When photos or videos disappear from your Android phone then, you can easily restore photos after factory reset Android through Google Photos. So, first of all, you have to open Google Photos, after that click on three horizontal line >> Bin option. Next, make click on open option and you’ll get your deleted photos there. Lastly, choose the image files that you want to restore then click on Restore.

Helpful?
KylieRampling
  • Forum posts: 11

Jul 24, 2020, 12:51:35 PM via Website

I do need to know the same thing. Is there any solutions or do i loose all my files?

Helpful?
GSMjhony
  • Forum posts: 17

Aug 23, 2020, 11:21:45 PM via Website

Yes sometime you can recover your wiped data.

Helpful?
gaargz
  • Forum posts: 10

Aug 26, 2020, 1:25:23 PM via Website

What do you think, is it possible to connect a smartphone to a PC as a storage device and try to use the PC software for recovery ?

— modified on Aug 26, 2020, 1:25:41 PM

Helpful?
Pistle Jumbo
  • Forum posts: 12

Sep 4, 2020, 1:13:09 PM via Website

It's important to know what a factory reset actually does, though. It puts all applications back into their original state and removes anything that wasn't there when the computer left the factory. That means user data from the applications will also be deleted. However, that data will still live on the hard drive.

Helpful?
Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Sep 7, 2020, 9:16:04 AM via Website

If you didn’t back the files in advance, it may be difficult to recover all data after the factory reset. But you can still have a try with Android recovery programs. Install and launch MobiKin Doctor for Android and connect your phone to your computer. It will conduct a deeply scanning on your device (this feature is free), if it can be scanned, recovery is possible.

Helpful?
ttucjacks123
  • Forum posts: 15

Aug 13, 2021, 9:57:14 AM via Website

I'm an iPhone users. When I face such a case, I'd like to recover deleted files from iTunes or iCloud. And I know an iOS data recovery like TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery can do this. So I think you can also seek a similar tool.

Helpful?
CharlotteAbbe
  • Forum posts: 13

Aug 13, 2021, 11:15:45 AM via Website

First Run Samsung Data Recovery and Connect Your Samsung:
Choose the Files to Scan
Analyze Deleted Data and Scan Your Phone
Preview and Recover the Data from Samsung

Helpful?
CharlotteAbbe

Aug 23, 2021, 1:47:18 PM via Website

Two ways to recover deleted files after factory reset
Recover from Local Backup
Recover from Google Account

— modified on Aug 23, 2021, 1:48:15 PM

Helpful?
DataRecovery

Nov 29, 2021, 12:36:13 PM via Website

You should try to backup your data if you have a backup file. if you don't have any backup files then you need a professional hand for restoring your data securely.
You can contact Uclaver experts for your data retrieval

Helpful?
Burak Durmaz

Nov 30, 2021, 12:49:36 PM via Website

Hey there,
There are lots method to recover the deleted files after factory reset. you can easily recover your deleted files from device like recovery data backup app and many other website through which you recover your data after enter your email address.

— modified on Nov 30, 2021, 12:50:40 PM

Helpful?
David Kolton
  • Forum posts: 24

Jan 6, 2022, 6:45:37 PM via Website

Unfortunately most of the softwares do not work to recover all the data, but if you haven't saved anything in phone storage after reset then some paid tools may can help. But there are less chances.

Helpful?
Aditya Vihaan

Apr 21, 2022, 7:19:52 PM via Website

You can recuperate most(not all record), yet you need to not involve the PC for anything until you run a rfile recuperation program from another PC involving your reset drive as an outer hard drive. An industrial facility reset doesn't clear information off of your drive, it essentially checks it as open space, so your PC can reuse the record space, consequently the justification for why you can't utilize your PC until you run the product

Helpful?
Jacqualine Lindsey
  • Forum posts: 26

Apr 27, 2022, 3:08:44 PM via Website

Whenever you try to download any pics or click pics you always get an option for backup data and this is also available many times in the apps like in Wats App if you click on it you will retrieve your data. So it is possible that you get your data.
Rest if you talk about the file manager there it might so happen that your data is deleted.

Helpful?
Stephanie_Sy

Apr 28, 2022, 1:27:53 AM via Website

To prevent data from being deleted or purged before the user can access it, you can put a hold on their Drive data.

Helpful?
Joy of Smartphone
  • Forum posts: 22

May 21, 2022, 6:11:25 PM via Website

Have you backed-up your photos to Google Drive, Google Photos or any other external drive?

If "Yes", then look for the photos over there.

Helpful?
Alexander Michael

Oct 19, 2022, 8:14:28 AM via Website

darkblu32

Thanks so much, I will give it a try on this tracking website!

Did you try it, bro?

Helpful?
David White
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 19, 2022, 10:31:26 AM via Website

There re plenty of tools for this issue. Just google and find what suits you best.

Helpful?
IslaMuejres
  • Forum posts: 10

Jul 14, 2023, 9:37:02 AM via Website

Did you recover your files?

Helpful?