- Forum posts: 2
Apr 11, 2020, 2:38:21 PM via Website
Apr 11, 2020 2:38:21 PM via Website
Root Galaxy J5 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Stock Firmware
If you are looking for a working method to root Galaxy J5 SM-J500H running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, then youare in the right place. By following this tutorial, you can easily root your phone within a few minutes. In this post, we are going to share the CF Auto Root file download link for Samsung Galaxy J5 J500H. To successfully root your phone, you need to follow all the steps carefully.
Root Galaxy J5 SM-J500H
Note: The root package created only for Samsung SM-J500H Galaxy J5 smartphone running on MMB29M.J500HXXU2BQC4 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware. I hope the root package will work just fine for all the latest Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware build for the phone. Do it at your own risk and do it if you know what you going to do. This is only for advanced users.
To complete the root process, you need to download the root file for Galaxy J5 SM-J500H and Odin Software. Download link for both the file is given below. This tutorial is based on Windows PC.
- Check your battery percentage, should have at least 50% battery power. Turn on the USB Debugging from Developer Options. Go to Settings-Developer Options [Developer options are disabled by default on all Android devices running on Android 4.2 or up. So, to activate Developers options, go to Settings-About Phone-Software information and tap Build Number for 7 times) See the image below. Android Developer Options
- Download and Install USB driver for your phone- Download Back up important data to SD card (Not compulsory but keeping backup always a good practice)
All the above points are very important before proceeding to the rooting method. If you are done with all the above prerequisites then follow the step by step guide to root Galaxy J5 sm-J500H running on android 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware.
Root Galaxy J5 SM-J500H on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
- First, download the CF-Auto-Root root package for Galaxy J5 SM-J500H- Download
- Now, extract the Zip file. The file having .tar.md5 extension is the main root file.
- Download Odin software and extract the zip file- Download
Now switch off your phone and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power button together (Hold the press for few seconds until a warning message screen appear)
Download Mode Key Combination
Now press Volume Up key to continue to Download Mode
Now start the Odin software as an Administrator (Right-click on Odin application file and click on "Run as Administrator")
Now connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
Connect phone to pc
In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM5 or other]” at ID: COM section at the top left side and “Added!” text at the log box. This means your device has been successfully detected by Odin.
Now, in Odin screen, under the Options tab, make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked, no other option should be checked.
Auto Reboot F Reset Time in Odin
Now, click on AP button and select the cf-auto-root file having .tar.md5 extension
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the rooting process, wait a few moments.
Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID: COM port having a green background.
`Pass in Odin
Your device will automatically reboot after completion. You can now disconnect the phone from the computer.
Now, to make sure that your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500H is rooted successfully- open applications menu on your phone and find the SuperSU app. If the app is present on your phone, then congratulations, you have successfully rooted your device.
SuperSU on app list
You can also check your device root status by using the Root Checker app which is available free from Google play store.
check out our guide to how to install TWRP on any android device. This guide s created by news Whatsapp and a totally unique way to install custom recovery.
Congratulations! you have successfully completed the process to root Galaxy J5 sm-J500H running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware. I hope everything goes right for you. If you have any queries or stuck at any steps, feel free to contact us using the contact form or simply comment in this post.