I Cannot Verify My Number On WhatsApp, A Never Ending Question Loop Appears

• Replies:9
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 30, 2020, 5:32:20 AM via Website

I cannot verify my number on WhatsApp. After I key in my number and press NEXT, the word Connecting appears for 3 seconds. Then the app asks if my number is OK or if I wish to EDIT my number. I press OK followed by NEXT. The word Connecting appears again, followed by the same question, is my number OK? or do I wish to EDIT my number. This becomes a never ending loop. I have read all the WhatsApp FAQs. My phone meets all the requirements. My SMS, Wi-Fi and Mobile Data are just fine. I have tried rebooting, deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp but it just doesn't work. My phone number is active and has never been barred or suspended.

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jan 30, 2020, 5:45:42 AM via Website

Did you enter your number correctly with the full international format ? It sounds like whatsapp does not recognize the number

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,585

Jan 30, 2020, 7:37:07 AM via Website

It seems that you couldn't receive a SMS verifying code. Is WhatsApp Messenger banned in your country? (nerd)

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Uverlyab
  • Forum posts: 13

Jan 30, 2020, 7:53:36 AM via Website

Part of the problem I'm facing. I get tired of these pop-ups at times. I want to go to the service and ask what the problem is, but there's not enough time yet.

Helpful?
snow8301

May 5, 2020, 9:51:37 AM via Website

Same here, I also facing exact same problem. Tried many times and any solution can find from the Whatsapp FAQ but cannot solve. Have you find any solution? Any help will be much appreciate. Thank you very much.

Helpful?
CADDTECH SA

Dec 5, 2021, 1:53:13 AM via Website

This worked for me on Vmos Pro ...insert the SIM (the number you intend to activate) in another phone..... On the phone you trying to install Whatsapp Go to settings >Apps>Whatsapp >Permissions >make sure SMS is turned off

It should work

Helpful?
Kevin Holloman
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 15, 2022, 5:32:26 PM via Website

I had a similar problem, it was not possible to verify the phone number, try the following:

1. Restart your phone (to do this, turn it off, wait 2-3 minutes, and then turn it on again).
  2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest version of WhatsApp.
  3. To check cellular reception, send a test SMS message from any phone to your number in the same format that you entered it in WhatsApp (with country code).

Good luck! You should be able to

Helpful?
neiltaylorss
  • Forum posts: 17

Mar 9, 2022, 11:53:51 AM via Website

Sometimes mobile networks are not able to receive OTP to verify the number. Restoring the mobile network may work.

Helpful?
DexterWalsh
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 26, 2022, 5:04:58 AM via Website

I had the same problem earlier. Failed again and again. Later I choose to receive the verified code via call instead of the message. Finally, it succeeded.

Helpful?
chen xing

Aug 25, 2023, 12:37:34 PM via Website

I'm facing the same issue,Is it solved?Thanks

Helpful?